Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.3 hardware requirements

Hello,

I am little confused here. I have just finished reading an upgrade notes for CCM 4.3 and found out that 2GB of RAM is required. So, I purchase additional RAM for 7835H-2.4-EVV1 (it is equipped with 1GB) and prepare for installation. And, here it is, a suprise... I was told that Windows 2003 (which is a part of 4.3 installation) requires 72GB of free disk space, and my 7835H-2.4 is equipped only with 36GB disks (2 disks running RAID 1 + 0). This requirement was not mentioned in 4.3 upgrade notes. So, will I be able to perform this upgrade or I have to spend more USDs on additional SCSI disks?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Krzystof,

Sadly yes, you are going to have to spend some more money :( This is noted in the CCM 4.3 release notes;

Cisco Unified CallManager 4.3(1) requires a minimum of the following items on the Cisco MCS servers.

•2 GB of memory

•72 GB disk drive

•2 GHz processor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution This Cisco Unified Communications operating system requires a minimum of 2 GB of memory on the server. If the installation process detects less than 2 GB memory on the server, the installation aborts.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/4_3/cucm-rel_note-431.html#wp2566469

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob. I have read the upgrade procedure but I think I somehow missed those release notes. Unfortunately, additional four SCSI disks will most likely exceed an approved budget, so I was thinking about another solution. Is it technicaly possible to get rid of RAID 1 structure and create single 72GB logical volume? I know I risk the whole server failure in case of one disk mulfunction but I still have subscriber running and, in addition, those 7835H-2.4 will be replaced next year as they are EOL. Is it possible to peform an upgrade from 3.3 to 4.3 in that way? Has anyone done that before?