cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.0 BAckup Error.

sweet_rose
Level 1
Level 1

Please suggest me solution for the error "Backup initiation timed out. Master agent might still be processing this operation or may be down. Please check 'Backup->Current Status' for latest status." Whenever i click on manual backup it takes time and shows me this error and when i refresh the page and go to Current Status it shows " No backup status available" . Due to this i am not able to take backup of Call Manager. I have Restarted Cisco Tomcat, DRF Local and DRF Master Services. But didnt work.
Please reply if anyone know the solution..

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rosy,

You may be hitting this bug;

CSCsi80320            Bug Details

DRS MA Hangs with KeepAlive.run, network disconnect detected for host.

Symptom:

During the Backup Process, the DRS Status page would hang and backup would never complete. In some
cases the DRF Master and Local Agent Services would not start  and the following error will be noticed in
the LA traces : "Keep.Alive.run,Network Disconnect detected for host"

Conditions:

DRF has been impcated due to the JDK version upgrade. The older Alarms JNI will not work as expected
with the current version of JDK.

Workaround:

The workaround requires remote access to the server. Please contact TAC for the same.
This fix is available in 5.1(2b)/5.1.2.3000-2 and 5.1(3)/5.1.3.1000-12. Please upgrade to one of those
versions or later.
StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
2 - severe

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
5.1(2)
5.1(2.1000.11)
6.0(1.1000.37)       

Fixed-In Fixed-in
5.0(4.3109.1)
5.1(1.3123.1)
5.1(1.9131.63)
5.1(2.1102.1)
5.1(2.3000.1)
6.0(0.9901.249)
6.0(1.1000.14)
6.0(1.1000.37)
6.0(1.1101.2)
5.1(3.1000.12)
6.1(1.1000.11)                                                          
Related Bug Information

DRS backup fails to transfer tar files to the sftp server
Symptom: DRS backup is failing to transfer files to the sftp server.    Following errors are seen in the drfMA*****.log from activelog /platform/drf/trace/    ERROR [drfBackupTarStatusMonitor] - drfBackup.drfTarStatusMonitor:: SFTP list matching tar's  resulted in nonZero return value:     ERROR [drfBackupTarStatusMonitor] - drfBackup.drfTarStatusMonitor:: SFTP list std out : initial args  in:    Conditions: The problem is seen during a manual backup or a scheduled backup operation using Disaster  Recovery System.    Workaround: The workaround requires remote access to the server. Please contact TAC for the same. This issue is fixed with the resolution of CSCsi80320. This fix is available in 5.1(2b)/5.1.2.3000-2 and 5.1(3)/5.1.3.1000-12. Please upgrade to one of those  versions or later.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you Mr. Rob for sharing information, as i just want to know more that is there any solution instead to upgrade to next version. Because if nothing left to this Version only then i can initialize change to my upper level to upgrade. So, as you said is there any solution can work in this matter? As i said i have started Cisco Tomcat Service and restarted DRF Master and Local Service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: