Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1 trunk SIP not working

andres.pasten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I´ve a CCM cluster 5.1.3.1000-12, and I´m tryng to enable a trunk SIP against a Asterisk SIP Server which provides an access to cell phone calls. But the CCM is not able to reach the Asterisk. I can ping the server ok, but if a IP phone tries to call using the trunk SIP I receive congestion tone,but on Asterisk no sip invite (or any sip activity is received).

But the Asterisk can call IP phones registered on CCM, so the issue is not on the LAN. Also I´ve tested using a gateway on the same lan as CCM cluster, and with a csim start on gateway I can call cell phones using the Asterisk.

Also I have tested using a free sip softphone on the same LAN as IP phones, and with the softphone I can also call using the asterisk.

According to all this, the issue is on the CCM cluster, maybe there is something missing on the config, or maybe there is a bug for this version of CCM.

Any idea will be great. Please let me know.

Andres Pasten

Adexus S.A.

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Also I have tested using a free sip softphone on the same LAN as IP  phones, and with the softphone I can also call using the asterisk.

According  to all this, the issue is on the CCM cluster, maybe there is something  missing on the config, or maybe there is a bug for this version of CCM.

Softphone is registered into CUCM?

Have you checked the Security profile on SIP Trunk and verify it matches the protocol (TCP/UDP or TLS) just enabled default parameters in SIP Profileand test?

This is basic function, make sure your CSS, SIP trunk profile and IP address is correct

Check codec matches b/w CUCM SIP trunk and *

If still no luck please upload CCM SDI/SDL and include calling called number and timestamps and I can take a look

HTH

Hi,

1.- Softphone is registered into CUCM?

No. We have 2 LANs: LAN A is were is placed the CCM, IP Phones, gateway and the mentioned SIP softphone. LAN B is were is placed the Asterisk.

The sip softphone can register to the asterisk and make calls without problems. That config was just to test that SIP packets can go from LAN A to LAN B.

2.- Have you checked the  Security profile on SIP Trunk and verify it matches the protocol  (TCP/UDP or TLS) just enabled default parameters in SIP Profileand test?

Security profile is on "Non secure SIP trunk profile", there is no security enable on this cluster, so every phone and gateway has non secure profiles.

3.- This  is basic function, make sure your CSS, SIP trunk profile and IP address  is correct

IP address is correct, from gateway on LAN A I´ve made a sip dial peer pointing to that IP address and using a csim start I could check a correct call. SIP Profile is standard, should I modify something on it? Css has full access to everywhere.

4.- Check codec matches b/w CUCM SIP trunk and *

With the mentioned dial-peer I´ve checked that using g711 I can make a call from LAN A to Asterisk. But it seems that  the CCM is not sending anything to asterisk, because on asterisk no sip packet is received. I´ll put a gateway on LAN B just to debug if something is received from the CCM.

5.- If  still no luck please upload CCM SDI/SDL and include calling called  number and timestamps and I can take a look

OK, I´ll do that.

Thanks for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: