Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1 with Extension Mobility

sundarr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Setup is CCM 5.1 with Extension Mobility is implemented. We have created device pool depending upon the location. Eg: DP_Location_01 & DP_Location_02

For testing Publisher Ethernet Interface was made down and all the phones are getting registered to Subscriber.

During this period, it was observed that we were able to get incoming calls from the PSTN network. Outgoing calls to PSTN was not possible. Gateway was registerd to the subscriber.

Default defaults of all the phones were showing as 'Default Device pool' instead of DP_Location_01 or DP_Location_02.

Any workaround to ensure the phones are registered to the corresponding DP when Pub is down in the scenario of Extension Mobility.

Appreciate your response.

regards

Sundara

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Devie Mobility is not available in CM 5.1 only 4.2 and 6.X, without device mobility there is no way for a phone to register with a different device pool.

As to EM you need to have the service enabled on both CM servers and services pointing to both.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Looks my query has been misinterpreted.

Extension mobility mainly works on Publisher.

We have a subscriber for redancy purpose.

We have created a Device Pool named 'DP_ Location_Network' and configured the parameters so that all phones in that site will have that Device Pool. For testing purpose we shut the PUB Ethernet Interface and we observed that all the phones device pool was showing as 'default' instead of DP_Location_Network'.Because of this all the phones are not able to make any outgoing calls.

Any thoughts regarding this issue?

Thanks in advance

regards

Sundara

Hi I wonder if you could help with a similar query.  I have a customer with extension mobility configured.  However the phones are in Hub None which is not what I want them to be.  Although the device profiles are configured with the correct device profile and therefors the correct location I am worried that the phone configuration will override the device pool setting.  Could you tell me what your understanding would be please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: