cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5 and 6

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys can i use CCM 5 or 6 in home lab...i have heard abt th elicencing thing what is that......it for pure home lab peurpose.......can someone help m eouyt plz

6 Replies 6

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

You can with CUCM 6.X on a VMWare server. When you go to install Communications Manager the system will detect that you're installing on a VMWare system and will install the software with 50 test DLU's.

HTH.

Don't forget to rate posts.

mate so i cant use ccm 5 on VMware? and second thing is is CCM 6.0 is linux based or windows based????? which VMware server would be used or u recommand.....thnaks for your help

CUCM 5.x or 6.x (both are Linux-based) can be used with VMWare. I have both running in a lab on VMWare Workstation 5.x. CUCM 5.x will require licensing, but 6.x does come with 50 DLU's to get you started in the lab.

mate can you do me a favour can u send me or tell me a doc which i can follow to install vmware and linux and on top CCM 6.....i m pretty new to this....thanks

VMWare installation documents (either server or workstation) can be downloaded from their site - www.vmware.com. They also have some great message boards for the VMWare products (if you get into issues with installing or configuring that product).

Linux is automatically installed when you load CCM 5 or 6. Just configure the VMWare environment based on my previous posting and then boot off of the CCM 6 DVD and the install will run (will install Linux and CCM 6).

mate thanks a million can i get your email addres....so if i get in to problems i can email ya.....i mean if its fine with ya