Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM 5.x adding a new subscriber to a cluster

Hi,

I have a query regarding CUCM 5.x and later versions when you add a new subscriber to an existing CUCM cluster do i have to re-register my DLUs with the new number of nodes in cluster and is there any additional license that i have to purchase when i add a new subscriber to the cluster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CCM 5.x adding a new subscriber to a cluster

Hi Sudhir,

You will not need to worry about DLU Licenses as they are homed to the Publisher :) You will need to acquire a new "node" license before adding the new Subscriber :)

The steps for adding a subsequent node (subscriber) are listed nicely in this doc;

Add a New Node to an Existing Cluster

Step 3

Ensure that you have the appropriate number of licenses to support adding a new node.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/5_1/cmins513.html#wp105610

Here is a clip from a CCM Ordering Guide

"A license must be ordered for each server in a Unified Communications Manager cluster irrespective of server function (e.g. MOH, TFTP, warm standby server, etc). **This would be the "node" license.

We know that the CCM Cluster "must" have the appropriate Node Licenses/with seats to operate correctly. In your case a "new" Node License will be required to add support for the additional Subscriber box.

It would look something like this;

1x LIC-CM5.1-78xx=xxxx

Where xxxx is equal to the number of seats that are required.

Hope this helps!

Rob

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Sudhir,

You will not need to worry about DLU Licenses as they are homed to the Publisher :) You will need to acquire a new "node" license before adding the new Subscriber :)

The steps for adding a subsequent node (subscriber) are listed nicely in this doc;

Add a New Node to an Existing Cluster

Step 3

Ensure that you have the appropriate number of licenses to support adding a new node.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/5_1/cmins513.html#wp105610

Here is a clip from a CCM Ordering Guide

"A license must be ordered for each server in a Unified Communications Manager cluster irrespective of server function (e.g. MOH, TFTP, warm standby server, etc). **This would be the "node" license.

We know that the CCM Cluster "must" have the appropriate Node Licenses/with seats to operate correctly. In your case a "new" Node License will be required to add support for the additional Subscriber box.

It would look something like this;

1x LIC-CM5.1-78xx=xxxx

Where xxxx is equal to the number of seats that are required.

Hope this helps!

Rob

That was simply fantastic cleared all my puzzled about the licensing...thanx for your reply rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content