Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 6.0 on VMWARE 6

guys i m trying to install CCM 6 on VMware 6.....now i boot the dvd and everythijg is done but at the end it says cant get to th edefault gateway (detect) guys i m using bridg connection t my physial NIC......now i have given ip adress of CCM 192.168.1.10/24 and gave DF gateway 192.168.1.1 which is my NIC orginal one live one.....now guys what i m doing wrong this installation is making m eso frstrated as i have tried 20 times....

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CCM 6.0 on VMWARE 6

You can just configure the NIC with any IP address. It does not have to be reachable at the IP layer - in other words you don't need to be able to ping it from another host. You do not have to configure a default-gateway. Make sure however there is layer2 keepalive that will bring the interface into an UP state. After the install you don't necessarily have to attach the CM server to a network i.e. have the NIC up at Layer2.

hth,

Ajaz

Re: CCM 6.0 on VMWARE 6

so in VMWARE i shd put th eip address but no DGateway....hmmm.....what do u mean by layer two keepalives????? can you plz explain that.....

Views
Helpful
Replies