Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.0 Upgrade

sun_sazanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I downloads 2 files for upgrade CCM.6.0 -> CCM 6.1.

Files UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.1.2000-3.sgn.iso_part1of2 and UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.1.2000-3.sgn.iso_part2of2. In http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpch7.html write i must create dvd disk from iso image. How i can combine this files in iso image? or i must create 2 iso disk?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as Mrugesh mentions all the info to do the upgrade is in the readme, you should ALWAYS go thru the readme before any kind of upgrade or patching. they contain all the information on how to do the procedure.

please refer to this readme:

ciscocm-6-1-1a-Readme.pdf

Readme for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(1a) update

on the same page where you downloaded the files, go to the section:

Upgrading from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0(1) to Release 6.1(1a) Using the UCSInstall File

all the instructions are in there.

I'd really recommend you to go thru the whole doc before upgrading.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mrugeshpatel_2
Level 1
Level 1

refer to the readme file for cm 6.0 to 6.1

you need this command if running on windows

COPY /B UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.1.2000-3.sgn.iso_part1of2+UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.1.2000-3.sgn.iso_part2of2 UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.1.2000-3.sgn.iso

as Mrugesh mentions all the info to do the upgrade is in the readme, you should ALWAYS go thru the readme before any kind of upgrade or patching. they contain all the information on how to do the procedure.

please refer to this readme:

ciscocm-6-1-1a-Readme.pdf

Readme for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1(1a) update

on the same page where you downloaded the files, go to the section:

Upgrading from Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.0(1) to Release 6.1(1a) Using the UCSInstall File

all the instructions are in there.

I'd really recommend you to go thru the whole doc before upgrading.

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I agree, always read the release notes first.

However... the 6.x upgrade release notes, in all the versions I've looked at so far are a bit dodgy.

Cisco could do with adding a little bit more detail into the procedure. The instructions are quite vague.

I could not find any information anywhere about whether we were supposed to be burning the merged ISO as an image onto a DVD, or whether CUCM just needs to point to the ISO file itself.

You can see a lot of posts on this topic in here..

Cheers,

Tim