I recently updated our CCM 6.01 with an egineering fix. After rebooting the system there is kernel "VFS: Cannot open root device LABEL=/" and "VFS: Unable to mount root fs on ..."
The update obviously failed. Is there any way to switch partitions without CLI or Webinterface?
I asume that the partitions are managed by a bootloader (grub). How to access it?
I looked through the official docs but this case is not mentioned.
Thanks in advance
Thanks for your attention but I got it by myself.
Here is what to do when the s*t hits the fan:
1) get the recovery CD - this is the hardes part
- go to cisco.com
- browse to the download section do not click directly on "voice software"
- klick one of these locked sections and sign on
- now you can visit the "voice software" link
- without signing on you will be unable to download the CD
- download the apropriate recovery cd
2) burn it
3) boot the broken system from the recovery cd
4) hit "s" for switching partitions when you are prompted
6) done :D
hope this will save another guy some headache