cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.1 load balancing or failover question

cowetacoit
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have some documentation on how to run a NIC team on the CCM 6.1? I believe the servers we have are linux based. My over all goal is to provide some sort of failover but if i can team them for load balancing, that would be great. I'm going to be running GLBP and i want redundant connections for CCM Subscriber and Publisher.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yes, NIC failover means there will be only 1 IP being used at any given time independently if NIC 1 or 2 is working

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

set network failover

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1051765

HTH

java

HTH

java

Nice. So does it use the 1 IP Address on the active NIC then if it loses connection to the switch, it will enable the second NIC and use the same IP?

yes, NIC failover means there will be only 1 IP being used at any given time independently if NIC 1 or 2 is working

HTH

java

HTH

java

I am wondering if this is the case with when connecting to a port channel from a Cisco 6500 Virtual Swwitch System (VSS).

I couldn't find any documentation regarding this.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: