cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm 6.1: Transfer a call back to the origional forwarded line

hsaussy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a line A that is forwarded to line B. When someone calls line A, line B answers. What needs to be set on Call Manager 6.12 to allow line B to call line A without having to take off the call forwarding feature for line A?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Check out Call Forward Override

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide

Cheers!

Rob

Rob:

Thanks for the information! That worked!

Cheers!

Hampton

Cannot believe that I was not aware of this

+5 for Rob

excellent, was not aware of that Rob. Now for a hard question, how do I give a 10 star rating when there are only 5 available to choose from? Solve that one stud!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hampton,James & Tracy,

Thanks all for your nice comments Much appreciated my friends!

We took special note of this feature when it came out in CUCM 5.x

as it duplicated a similar feature from our "old' Nortel.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: