cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 7.1(5) setting LogPartitionHighWaterMarkExceeded threshold to allow device pack install

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I am in the process of adding a new device package to our 7.1(5) callmanager cluster, unfortunately one of my servers is at 92% full on the common/log partition and I cannot load the device package as I get the error "There is not enough disk space in the common partition to perform the upgrade. ".  I have a TAC case open but the instructions they have to use the Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) and change the LogPartitionLow and high watermarks to lower numbers which are supposed to purge the old log files.  

The problem is that in 7.1(5) it seems that this setting is not in RTMT.  

Does anyone know how I can get my common partition cleared enough to install the device pack I need to support the new 8331 Phones that I need to install?  

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim,

A couple of things you can do:

1) Disable any detailed traces on the server, set them to 'error' or 'info' level so that the disk is not filled any further.

2) Using RTMT, collect the traces by specifying a time range and on the last screen of RTMT, check the box which says delete the traces from server. This way you can collect the traces as well as delete them from the server. Try deleting traces of services like CCM, CTI, Tomcat etc as they use up a lot of space.

Lastly try a reboot of the server after the above steps and see if it allows the installation of device pack.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jim,

A couple of things you can do:

1) Disable any detailed traces on the server, set them to 'error' or 'info' level so that the disk is not filled any further.

2) Using RTMT, collect the traces by specifying a time range and on the last screen of RTMT, check the box which says delete the traces from server. This way you can collect the traces as well as delete them from the server. Try deleting traces of services like CCM, CTI, Tomcat etc as they use up a lot of space.

Lastly try a reboot of the server after the above steps and see if it allows the installation of device pack.

HTH

Manish

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jim, It's been discussed N numbers of times in CSC forums.

Apart from Manish (+5) suggestion you can remove the logs file from CUCM CLI as well.

You can see folders of traces and log files using below commands and then can delete accordingly.

file list activelog /cm/trace/*

file list activelog /cm/trace/ccm/sdi/*

To delete logs use: file delete activelog /cm/trace/ccm/sdi/* noconfirm

Suresh