Helpful
Replies

CCM 7X integrating with Rightfax 9.3 with exchange 2007

carloszzz27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

My boss send me a new task ....

I need to integrate CCM7X with rightfax 9.3/exchange 2007 and a voice gw running T.38 for send and receiving fax to rightserver.

I need to know the exactlly version of callmanager that i need to install for support this scenario.

thanks

Carlos

Dialogic® Brooktrout® TR1034 Fax Board

http://www.captaris.com/support/downloads/rightfax/93/index.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Carlos,

In your scenario, there is no exact version that you need to use.  Go with the latest rev of 7x which is 7.1(3b)SU2.  In addition, the way you usually would do this is to have a group of DID's set aside dedicated to Right Fax.  Then on your gateway, you will have a SIP dial peer that handle inbound calls from the PSTN and route them directly to Right Fax.  Conversely, Right Fax will route calls back directly to the gateway.  Your communication with CUCM is usually set up as H323 in this scenario - that is, if you need to route calls to CUCM and Right Fax separately from the same gateway.

If you require being able to route all calls to CUCM first and then to RightFax (i.e., a tandem - vice versa, RightFax would route back out to CUCM) then this used to require an MGCP configuration between CUCM and the gateway.  You may possibly be able to do another protocol now as it's been a few years since I've dealt with RightFax.

But - to answer your actual question, no exact version needed - go with the latest rev of 7x.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Carlos,

In your scenario, there is no exact version that you need to use.  Go with the latest rev of 7x which is 7.1(3b)SU2.  In addition, the way you usually would do this is to have a group of DID's set aside dedicated to Right Fax.  Then on your gateway, you will have a SIP dial peer that handle inbound calls from the PSTN and route them directly to Right Fax.  Conversely, Right Fax will route calls back directly to the gateway.  Your communication with CUCM is usually set up as H323 in this scenario - that is, if you need to route calls to CUCM and Right Fax separately from the same gateway.

If you require being able to route all calls to CUCM first and then to RightFax (i.e., a tandem - vice versa, RightFax would route back out to CUCM) then this used to require an MGCP configuration between CUCM and the gateway.  You may possibly be able to do another protocol now as it's been a few years since I've dealt with RightFax.

But - to answer your actual question, no exact version needed - go with the latest rev of 7x.

Hailey

Hello Hailey,

I forgot to tell you that my GW is MGCP mode. So the call flow is : CUCM ----> MGCP ----->Rightfax------>Exchange right?
Can i find documentation on cisco.com about MGCP gw configuration?
thanks a lot.
Carlos

In a very basic form yes. You'll need a dedicated T1/E1 coming off of the gateway to go to RightFax. Then its PSTN -> MGCP -> CUCM -> MGCP -> RightFax -> Exchange Connector

Just remember, the Exchange piece has ZERO to do with the CUCM. That's all RightFax. Also beware that you may have issues with the MGCP Fax Relay here - I did in the past, I doubt those issues have gone away.

Go here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6178/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Has everything you need. Make sure you read the Fax Server Supplement guide as well.

Good luck.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: