cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM admin not allowing enabling setting under Product Specific Config

jenngoodell
Level 1
Level 1

In CCMADMIN I cannot update any device settings under the Product Specific Configuration. If i set something to enable (video capabilities for example), then choose update, the settings go back to previous settings. Resetting then updating isn't working either. This applies to devices such as IPC, 7940 and 7941G phones. No error messages appear after updating.

Additionally, if I set a device that already has video enabled to disabled, then try to change it back to enabled, it won't let me.

Regional settings for voice set to 384kbps.

Call Manager Software Version: Call manager 4.1.3ES 89.1

IP Communicator 2.0.2

Phone firmware 8.2

Ideas? (besides restarting the ccm service)

7 Replies 7

Jennifer,

To verify, if you change something else on the phone, say Description field, does that change take affect?

As for the Product Specific settings they are saved in the Device table in a column named XML. This column is a text based row with XML formatted parameters. Possibly you have a corrupt row or table. Does this do it to all of your phones or to just some? Try removing the phone (if possible) or adding a new one for testing.

Lastly are you sure the Publisher database is running and that you aren't viewing a read-only copy? The first test I gave you will verify this.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Yes, we can update description field on multiple devices successfully. Also we can create devices. XML column (in device table in ccm database) gets wiped out if I update a device (under product specific category). Originally the xml column (device 7940) is filled in with: falsefalse1010000

After i update the video capabilities (for example), there is nothing in the xml column for that device.

Jennifer,

Well that is obviously bad. At this point you should get a TAC case open. You are running what I assume is a fairly recent 4.1(3) Engineering Special, since ES 72 is the base for SR4, SR4a and SR4b. Possible a new bug has shown in the ES 89.1.

Now manually, you can fix this(as a temp fix until TAC can respond). Take a working 7940 XML table, using SLQ tools copy it to the affected phone's row, adjust the settings needed. Restart the TFTP service and reset the phone and the new changes will take affect. I don't recommend this unless you are familiar with these things, but I just tested in my lab and it works fine. Restarting the DBL monitor as well might do the trick instead of TFTP but I tested TFTP.

Lastly check the Bug Toolkit on this, as this seems to be an obvious bug in the application code.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

rturnertech
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem

you can include the 7960 and 7970.

I have re-booted the entire cluster with no positive results on enableing vidoe capablitites.

If the issue started after applying the DST Patch, then you might be hitting into CSCsg22098 where u need to get the latest ES from TAC

nockor01
Level 1
Level 1

we experienced that same issue with es89.1.. we unistalled and replaced with 4.1(3)sr4d and everything works now..

another jacked up es release from cisco.. not surprised..

rob

Rob Nockowitz

CCIE #15410

Practice Manager

Unified Communications

Exenet, LLC

jenngoodell
Level 1
Level 1

Finally got this resolved. We were running into CSCsh59514:

Symptom:

When attempting to change settings on a device under "Product Specific Configuration", the changes are not recorded and the Web interface refreshes to the original configuration.

Conditions:

This is noticed on 4.1(3) engineering specials 89 - 93.

Workaround:

Copy the rs_phone.asp file from C:\CiscoWebs\Admin\ to the proper folder C:\CiscoWebs\Admin\_RemoteScripts\.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: