Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM and deleted route patterns

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

It looks like our CCM (5.1) is keeping some traces of the route patterns (RP) even after they have been deleted. Everytime I delete a route pattern, I need to reboot the CCM in order to get rid of it. Am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi MK,

First off, you are always welcome :) I found the thread that you were working on with Jeff and Deji (nice work, both of you!).

I have a couple of questions to confirm;

8888 is RP?

8604 is Hunt Pilot?

First, setup a second "Dummy" line on the Line Group member phones for the Messaging portion of the config. Then take out the mailbox setup on 8888.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 8604 and the Dummy Extension on the Line Group member phones is 2355 (this number, 2355 is where the Messages will land so all 4 people will have access to them from their phones). Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Pilot # 5000.

Create a new mailbox for 2355 with 8604 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 8604 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

The only thing to verify is what CLID number is being passed to Unity. it should be 8604 in this example). You may need to configure the Originally Dialed number (8888) as an Alternate Extension on 2355 as well.

Alternate Extensions

On the Alternate Extensions page for a user account, you can enter phone numbers to set up alternate extensions in addition to the primary extension of the user. Alternate extensions can be used for various reasons, such as handling multiple line appearances on user phones. Alternate extensions can also make calling Cisco Unity Connection from an alternate device,such as a cell phone, a home phone, or a phone at another work site more convenient.

When you specify the phone number for an alternative extension, Connection handles all calls from that number in the same way that it handles calls from a primary extension (assuming that ANI or caller ID is passed along to Connection from the phone system). This means that Connection associates the alternate phone number with the user account, and when a call comes from that number, Connection will prompt the user to enter their password and log on.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805570b6.html#wp1040977

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the 2355 Line appearances;

For the Line Setting on 2355 (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi MK,

It sounds like this bug, which is supposed to be fixed in CCM 5.1;

CSCef90894 Bug Details

CNF: deleting route pattern does not take effect

Symptom: see the description.

Condition: deleting route patterns on 5.0(1.0.225).

Workaround: restart call manager service.

1st Found-In

5.0(1.0.225)

Fixed-In

5.0(1.0.233)

You may want to check with Tac on this one.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I will contact TAC for that.

I have got another question for you. I am using one of the great docs you have provided in this forum to setup a group mailbox for the users. I want them to have only one voice mail and for any one of them to be able to listen to it and then delete it? I beleive that I followed step by step your doc but don't seem to be able to make it work. Would you please have a look at the attached file and let me know if I am missing something. The file contains the print screen of the config.

Thanks in advance,

MK

Hi MK,

First off, you are always welcome :) I found the thread that you were working on with Jeff and Deji (nice work, both of you!).

I have a couple of questions to confirm;

8888 is RP?

8604 is Hunt Pilot?

First, setup a second "Dummy" line on the Line Group member phones for the Messaging portion of the config. Then take out the mailbox setup on 8888.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 8604 and the Dummy Extension on the Line Group member phones is 2355 (this number, 2355 is where the Messages will land so all 4 people will have access to them from their phones). Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Pilot # 5000.

Create a new mailbox for 2355 with 8604 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 8604 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

The only thing to verify is what CLID number is being passed to Unity. it should be 8604 in this example). You may need to configure the Originally Dialed number (8888) as an Alternate Extension on 2355 as well.

Alternate Extensions

On the Alternate Extensions page for a user account, you can enter phone numbers to set up alternate extensions in addition to the primary extension of the user. Alternate extensions can be used for various reasons, such as handling multiple line appearances on user phones. Alternate extensions can also make calling Cisco Unity Connection from an alternate device,such as a cell phone, a home phone, or a phone at another work site more convenient.

When you specify the phone number for an alternative extension, Connection handles all calls from that number in the same way that it handles calls from a primary extension (assuming that ANI or caller ID is passed along to Connection from the phone system). This means that Connection associates the alternate phone number with the user account, and when a call comes from that number, Connection will prompt the user to enter their password and log on.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805570b6.html#wp1040977

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CCM for the 2355 Line appearances;

For the Line Setting on 2355 (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob, it worked

Hi MK,

You are always welcome my friend :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: