cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM and Unity Busy Greeting with call waiting

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I know I can setup a users Busy Greeting in Cisco Unity and if I set their phone (call manager) to call forward busy to voicemail without call waiting I can get their calls to immediately roll to their Unity busy greeting without ringing their phone.  However if I use call waiting and the user doesn't pick up the second call the caller gets the standard voicemail greeting.

Is there a way I can setup their phone so.

1.  Call waiting still works and the user is notified of a second incoming call

2.  If the user doesn't pick up the second call send it to the busy greeting in unity rather than the standard greeting

Is this possible? 

2 Replies 2

Gregory Garrian
Level 1
Level 1

I don't believe this is possible.  When call waiting is active a caller does not get a busy signal since it is ringing the line.

Unless CUC sees that the call forward reason being set to busy (because of CFB behavior) it won't trigger that greeting.

In order to have call waiting and be notified of it, the call will follow the CFNA behavior which uses std greeting.

If you want calls to get the busy greeting all the time, you cannot have call waiting and be notified of it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: