Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCM - Avaya integration on an IP trunk

We have CCM 3.3 which has been integrated with avaya s8700 on an ip trunk. The avaya CLAN has been configured as a H323 gateway and a route pattern has been defined to route the calls towards it.

Now i am able to use this route pattern and seize any avaya trunk for making calls but the reverse is not happening i.e from the avaya ip phones i am not able to utilize the channels configured on my VoIP gateway to make outbound calls

Can anyone tell me the configurations that is required to make this happen

I will happy to provide more information if required

thanks in advance

Narayan

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: CCM - Avaya integration on an IP trunk

Hi Narayan,

I suppose you configured already the DPs as necessary. Why don't you take a "debug voice dialpeer" and perhaps "show dialplan number" to see if configuration is right. If not sure post the above with config here and explain how the dialplan is.

Pualo,

Actually i have a DP that points to the avaya gateway so that the cisco users are able to use thid gateway for seizing the trunks.

I do not have a DP/TP for the reverse and iam a bit confused on how to configure it..

Narayan

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Ah, is not complicated.

dial-peer voice 10 voip

incoming called-number 9T <-- 9 to dial out

direct-inward-dial

If you want to block or treat certain numbers to be called from avaya, just configure called-number differently, with a pattern, or as many DPs as necessary.

If you want to play creative, you can also place a script that plays "Your call is being handled by Cisco technology - Thank you", before connecting the call.

Seriously speaking ans long the avaya can behave on the h.323 leg, it should be fine.

Found this post useful? Rate it using the scrollbox below!

Paulo,

This would be configured on VoIP gateway.

Do i need to configure anything on the CCM ?

I have the following configuration on the gateway right now

dial-peer voice 5 voip

destination-pattern 8901

session target ipv4:172.20.33.5

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

ip precedence 5

and the following DP's are configured on the CCM

9.!# ---> for cisco voip phones pointing to the gateway

7.[0-9]!# ----> cisco voip phones pointing to avaya CLAN for intercommunication

Narayan

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi,

this config is for the outbound DP. For inbound, you need should configure as per previous message. Actually you can leave out the direct-inward-dial because it does not apply to incoming voip. The alternative is to configure the avaya so calls intended POTS outbound on cisco GW are sent directly to it, and not to the CCM. Kind of like having two DP on the avaya. This is especially true in the case CCM 3.2 is not able to route the calls on the h.323 trunks, or it does not supports redirection, or the latter is not supported by avaya.

Thanks for the nice rating and let us know if it works!

Views
Helpful
Replies