Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Calling Search Space and Partitions

p.willemsen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I saw in the SRND that 500 locations are supported. What are the restrictions on Calling search space and Partitions of CCM.

Best regards,

Piet.

2 Replies 2

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

This isn't a direct answer, but I do know the number of partitions in a single CSS is a function of the partition names. And, as a general practice you would want more partitions than you could put in a single CSS. Check out this table:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080181a46.html#26766

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think there is a maximum number of partitions or calling search spaces you can have. Well, there probably is, but I don't think you have to worry about it. It's likely an SQL table thing.

However, there is a maximum to the number of partitions you can include in a calling search space. The problem is, it's character based, not unit based. There is a maximum of 1024 characters in a combined calling search space which is device + line, so that means 512 characters including the delimiter "," for each individual calling search space. For example, if your partitions are 20 characters long, (512 - 20) / 20 = 24 partitions per css. The minus 20 is for 20 seperators.

So, don't go overboard with your naming convention, short and sweet but meaningful.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.