cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM - how to check if a line number is busy or free from another ip phone

giovanni.cock
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i want to know how i could check if the manager line is busy or free from the assistant ip phone.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Giovanni,

The simplest method is to use "shared lines" where the Assistant would have an appearance of the Manager Line on their phone. This gives a nice visual of the status of the Managers line.

CCM also supports Enhanced Boss Secretary features like IPMA (pretty cool feature!);

The Cisco IP Manager Assistant (IPMA) feature enables managers and their assistants to work together effectively. This feature comprises of a call routing service that enhances the phone capabilities for the manager, and the desktop interfaces for both the manager and the assistant. This service intercepts calls that are made to managers and routes them to selected assistants, managers, or other targets based on preconfigured call filters. The manager can change the call routing dynamically. For example, with a softkey press on the phone, the manager can instruct the service to route all calls to the assistant and can receive status on these calls.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801829e9.shtml

Introduction to Cisco IPMA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5015/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00802d11c8.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

configure a shared line on the assistant phone to see the status of the boss primary line

EDIT: Ahh Rob, you beat me on this one. i was too slow =)

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of CUCM? CUCM 6.0 and beyond supports busy lamp field - you can assign a button on the phone to reflect the busy/idle status of the boss. In 6.1(2) you can even assign as BLF with call pickup so if the phone is ringing you can see the ringing state and press the button to pick up the call. There are also alerting options - the BLF button will flash or you can have a sound or both. With call pickup auto-answer enabled you can press the BLF w pickup button and the call is immediately on your handset or speakerphone.

In CUCM 5.0 and beyond you can enable presence in call lists so if you were to bring up the boss in the directory you can see on-hook/off-hook status.

Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: