cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM integrated with Nortel CallPilot issues

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have CCM 4.1 integrated with Nortel Meridian option 61c via QSIG, all call processing seems to be working fine. However, the voicemaail system (Callpilot) which is connected to the Meridian does not recognize Cisco extensions as voicemail users. When I press messages button or when call is redirected to the voimail Callpilot plays general greeting. Any advise?

Chris

9 Replies 9

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Chris,

"When I press messages button or when call is redirected to the voimail Callpilot plays general greeting."

Im not familiar with CallPilot but as other VM system I believe it should have something like Unity Call Viewer. How many digits CCM is passing to VM system?

Calling number station configured in VM system is the same as the calling number sent by CCM? Any calling party transform mask configured in CCM or your Nortel which is preventing VM for recognizing calling party ?

or RDNIS ?

I cannot find anything that can show me digits coming in.

The calling number station is the same on CCM and in Call Pilot, and there are no transformations.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

Just to add to Gonz's good info. If you have access to the Nortel you can use LD-80 (TRAD LOOP CHANNEL example.trad 4 22) to do a trace on the QSIG Channel that will show what is being passed to the Nortel (actual calling number info). This must be where the problem lies. I also looked at this CCM - CALLPILOT interoperability guide that may shed some insight;

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_0/pbx_int/cm4_nt4.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

But I am not familiar with Nortel side, and neither is the customer. The programming of Nortel was perofmed last night by AT&T guys, which I did not know a lot about it. Do you know how I can validate the configuration that's referenced by this doc on Meridian?

Also, for MWI to work do I need to assign MWI ON and OFF DNs in CCM, if yes how do I find out what they should be?

Chris

Hi Chris,

If the customer has access to the Nortel cli you will need to go into the Print routines to verify the config. Here are the loads that will show the info referenced in the previous doc (in order)

LD-22

PRT

TYPE - CFN (this will show the QSIG Route number etc)

LD-21

PRT

TYPE - RDB

ROUTE - 32 (this will show the programming for Route 32,your actual route number will have to be known)

LD-21

PRT

TYPE - TNB

TN - 32 1 (this will show the programming on Route 32 Channel 1)

You may want to engage AT&T to help with the troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks,

I got it to work by playing with ISDN Facility IE plans, the only thing that does not work is iDivert is sending the call to main greeting.

Chris

Nice work Chris! BTW, I noticed that you are now with Berbee (I guess congrats are in order).

Take care,

Rob

Thank you, I joined Berbee a week ago, and already working on several interesting projects.

After getting my CCIE it was time for to move on to bigger and better things.

I might not have a lot of time nowdays to contribute to the forum, but I'll definitely be here as often as I can.

Chris

I did the trace and I got the following:

call state = 10, active

calling number = 1570 num_plan:private

called number = 1010 num_plan:private

esn:CDP TON:Abbriviated

1570 is the DN of the phone, and 1010 is the VM pilot.

Chris