cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM MTP Registration

lyle.stevens
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 7.X sub/pub and have configured software MTP for each severs and started the services on each server, but both the Media Termination Ports are registering to the subscriber. Is this correct or should each MTP be registered to its own server?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on how your device pool (which contains a call manager group)  is configured on the MTPs.  In your case both MTPs likely have the same device pool and the call manager group in that device pool has the subscriber first.

View solution in original post

You don't have to change them.  If the subscriber fails both MTPs will register to the publisher and still be usable as long as the publisher is also in the call manager group.  The only thing having both of them on the subsciber does is routes more RTP traffic for the audio stream through the subscriber if a call is using one of the MTPs.  By having one registered to each server the RTP traffic should be spread out a little more.  However this depends on how many calls are using an MTP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on how your device pool (which contains a call manager group)  is configured on the MTPs.  In your case both MTPs likely have the same device pool and the call manager group in that device pool has the subscriber first.

Yes, after reviewing my configuration this is correct but should I chanage the DP and the CMG so each MTP registers to its own server? Or does it matter where they have registered? Also will the current configuration affect the MTP resorces if the cluster goes into failover mode (something I do not want to test on a live system)? Thanks.

You don't have to change them.  If the subscriber fails both MTPs will register to the publisher and still be usable as long as the publisher is also in the call manager group.  The only thing having both of them on the subsciber does is routes more RTP traffic for the audio stream through the subscriber if a call is using one of the MTPs.  By having one registered to each server the RTP traffic should be spread out a little more.  However this depends on how many calls are using an MTP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: