cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Partition

ashish.sehgal
Level 1
Level 1

What is CCM Partition and where do we configure it?

I understand that during installation CCM creates two partition one Active and other Inactive.This helps us to upgrade the CCM after installation and revert back to the old incase if there comes some issues post installation.

May i know, what are the contents/Components of CCM partition?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the CCM partitions are logical drives within a single HDD model.

If you've ever used Linux before you know that linux requires several partitions to work. you can even do this in windows environment, you can take a 250 GB HDD and partition it to make it appear like 2 x 125 GB HDDs

each partitions contain ALL the information from the linux OS, the CUCM files, services, etc. All you had in a CCM 4.x install should be in there, maybe not the same services or the same filenames but it's all in there.

linux core files, tomcat root and web pages, licenses, the informix DB, etc. all is in each partition

well, for the 1st install it's only in the active partition but when you apply an SR or ES you do the swapping since all that takes place in the inactive partition.

about where to configure it you do not get the option to configure it. the bootable disk detects the HW you have and during the install formats the HDD and creates the partitions based on the HDD space you have (again, this can be done manually in regular linux or windows before even installing anything)

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Javalenc,

Can you un-abbreviate SR and EC. I feel SR=Service Request and

EC=Enterprise Services. kindly correct if I am wrong.

Thnx,

Ashish

=), sorry, maybe i'm just used to this

when we talk about CUCM versions we usually mean

SR = Service Release

ES = Engineering Special

but in other context they can be what you typed

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: