cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM - Phone load file duplicates: term41.default.loads

us10610
Level 4
Level 4

I'm new to CCM and I am trying to update the phone load on 2 stations for testing. I know I need to add the downloaded files to the TFTPPath directory but there are 2 files that already exist, term41.default.loads and term61.default.loads.

Should these files be over written? I am just trying to test load 8-2-1 for DST.

Thanks,

Greg

7 Replies 7

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

that is the default load which is shipped with CallManager and you should not play with that one. When you add a new Firmware, the Filename of that would be different. It would not be the same. The most simple option to update the firmware would be download the exe version of the firmware update and run it on the TFTP Server (If it is a CallManager) and that would update the file at TFTP Path and the configuration at the same time. All you would have to do is reset the phones after this

I am trying to update just the 2 phones first and then update the remaining phones. By updating the TFTP server with the .exe file doesn't the term61.default.loads file get replaced? My worst fear is that I'm going to replace a file and have 100 phones reboot in the middle of the day....

-Greg

Hi Greg,

I know what you are saying here :) that would be a bad deal upgrading Firmware unexpectedly. I think the best way to do this is to use the individual firmware files that are included in the .zip file. Then load it on the TFTP server and apply to the phones you want to test with. After you are satisfied you can go ahead and load the firmware in the "device defaults" page and upgrade the rest of the phones.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

i have a similar problem, i am trying to do this test with 7970, i do not want to use the .exe file instead the .zip, but i am wondering on the device page which file to call.

Good day

the load you should put in the device page for testing is : SCCP70.XX

We wanted to do testing before rolling the firmware out to all phones, so I copied the zip version of the code to the tftp directory, restarted the tftp service thru CM, then put the load name (ie sccp41.8-2-1s) directly on the phone configuration page. Reset the phone and it loads the new code.

Hope this helps

The same worked for me, except I ended up putting the entire zip file on a different tftp server. On the phone configuration page there are 2 fields that I used to control the phone load. 1st field is the "phone load name" where I put the name of the new load file. (ie. SCCP41.8-2-1S )The next field is the "load server" where you put the name of the tftp server being used to host the files. Restart the phone to boot the test load. If you want to revert back, you simply remove the information in the 2 fields and reset the phone again and it will boot to the default load. It's pretty cool.

Thanks everybody for your help!!

-Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: