Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Publisher and Subscriber issue

mcoroghidaf
Level 1
Level 1

I have CCM 6.0 enterprise. these are the issues with the ccm pub and sub

1.0 The publisher is having problem booting to the gui and on the cli it show 'Kernel Panic. No Init found. Try passing init=option to kernel'

2. the sub loads fully but, i cannot loggon to the ccmadministration page, it shows 'invalid user name or paasword'. But, this is the correct credentials and it can be used to loggon via CLI.

PLEASE, HELP! HELP!!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd suggest you to use the recovery CD and use the automatic fix and manual fix (run each once).

I just looked this up and plenty of cases ended up in a rebuild, you might need to do this, so look for the last backup just in case.

BTW: I noticed you posted this on the ask the expert, the topic of the ask the expert is unity and unity connection features and virtualization. Please do not post in the asks the experts unless it's related to the topic being covered.

Also CCMAdmin/serviceability and OS admin/CLI user and passwords are different in the DB. The fact you can use it on CLI does not mean it should work on CCMAdmin.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I HAVE DONE BOTH AND THE ERROR STILL REMAINS

PLEASE HOW DO I SET A PASSWORD FOR THE CCMADMIN?

Hi

Your caps lock appears to be stuck on. You should probably fix that before trying these commands:

utils reset_ui_administrator_name

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

Bear in mind that as Java pointed out the CLI and CCMAdmin accounts are completely seperate accounts.

If your publisher is not in service, you will likely not be able to reset the username/password as the publisher holds the master copy of the DB which will contain the Application Users.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks,

I have also come across the commands yesterday and tried it but it still did not changed the password; i now understand why because the pub is down!

I also noticed with sub down my users cannot access the phones using extension mobility and this was working with the Pub. What happen if i load the backup config from the pub on the sub will that also transfer the extension mobilty and other features on to the sub?

Thanks for your contributions.

Regards,

mcoroghidaf

any solution?

Thanks for your support.

After everything we ended up with the rebuild!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: