Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM Upgrade 5.1(3) to 7.1(5b) failed

Hi all,

I started the upgrade process from my CCM 5.1.3 version to the 7.1 (5b) using the DVD shipped from cisco. It looks just fine in the beginning until it reaches the end of the installation, somewhere after "step 6 of 6" and the upgrade fails due to errors. You can check the last line of the log for the errors in the file attached :

11/16/2010 17:19:21 CCMInstall|Internal Error, File:instMain.c:1416, Function: handlePhase(), Failed to exec command: "/partB/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/env.sh nice -n 19 /usr/sbin/chroot /partB /usr/local/cm/script/7.1.5.20000-6/cm-dbl-install L2 PostInstall 7.1.5.20000-6 5.1.3.4000-4 /usr/local/cm/ /partB/usr/local/cm/ /common/log/install/capture.txt"|<LVL::Critical>
11/16/2010 17:19:21 appmanager.sh|CCMInstall --upgrade ERROR|<LVL::Error>
11/16/2010 17:19:21 upgrade_manager.sh|Applications upgrade failed|<LVL::Error>
11/16/2010 17:19:21 upgrade_install.sh|Cleaning up download...|<LVL::Info>
11/16/2010 17:19:21 upgrade_install.sh|Removing /common/download/cisco-ipt-k9-patch7.1.5.20000-6.*|<LVL::Info>

Please note that the server's OS was damaged before due to an electrical problem but I did a recovery to fix it. I want to make sure if that error is somehow related to any OS issue or some other possible issues !!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CCM Upgrade 5.1(3) to 7.1(5b) failed

Hi,

First of all please check if the upgrade path for the current CUCM to the 7.1.5 version is supported:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp43011

You can do a SSH session to the server and run the below commands to gather those files:

a. file get install capture.txt
b. file get inactivelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/installdb_l2.log
c. file get inactivelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/installdb_l2.log.err
d. file list install in*.log
e. file get activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/install OR, Use RTMT->goto collect
files->enable logs for Cisco Database Installation Service and Install and Upgrade
Logs.

Probably the cause for this error message can be found in one of these logs.

HTH,

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content