Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM6 - how to remove Message softkey from 7911

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When configuring softkey layout in CCM6, I found that there was no Message key in the layout, but with 7911 phone, the key always presents. How can I remove this key as our system has no voice mail!

Thanks,

hoanghiep

5 Replies 5

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I think it is there by default

Yes, I know that the key is there by default. What I want is to remove it from the soft key set of the 7911 as it's worthless!

Hi Bui,

I have looked into this with many models that use the Message Softkey. The 7905,7912,7906 and 7911 have this exact Restriction. No matter what you try to change, the Message Softkey can't be modified and this same restriction is applied;

Restrictions

•The third soft-key button on the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G and Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G is reserved for the Message soft key. For these phone templates, the third soft-key defaults to the Message soft key.

For example, if you change the idle softkeys to Redial Dnd Pickup Login Gpickup, they still display,in order, the Redial, DND, **Message, PickUp, Login, and GPickUp soft keys.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wp1010434

Hope this helps!

Rob

hi Rob,

In your answer you say that this button is there by default in version Cisco Callmanager Express.

Would you tell me if this restricion so is for the 6.1(3)?

Gracias,

Hi Juan,

The "linked" document refers to CME but this restriction carries over to CUCM 6.1(3) as well :)

Hope this helps!

Rob