Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMAdmin Web page UCM 5.1

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Good day.

This morning i faced with strange problem.

I was able connect to CM_1 through https.

I was not able connect to CM_2.Browser says-timeout page.

After restart of CM_2 i can connect to CM_2,but can not to CM_1

I can connect only by SSH telnet session to both servers.

What can it be?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All I wanted to emphasize on was the " DDR Block " issue with CUCM 5.1.3. You may try to reload the CUCM cluster ( first Pub & then Subs sequentially ) over a weekend to see if the DDR Block issue resolves. But this will be more or less a temp workaround.

Also, if TAC still supports your CUCM, engage them to see if there is any fix available for this issue in terms of ES etc.

Regards

GP.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does the " Tomcat service " status show on affected CUCM ? Did you try recycling it ?

GP.

Tomcat service running,everything seems to be in order with it.

Restarted it from CLI,same problem.

admin:utils service restart Cisco Tomcat

Service Manager is running

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Cisco Tomcat[STOPPING]

Commanded Out of Service

Cisco Tomcat[NOTRUNNIG]

Service Manager is running

Cisco Tomcat[STARTED]

Can Access CM_2

Can not access CM_1

What is the complete CUCM version shown in CCMAdmin page ?

GP.

System version: 5.1.3.8000-4

Administration version: 1.1.0.0-1

Restarted now CM Publisher...

Can access Publisher,but no Subscriber...

According to Reporting Engine everything is good...

This behavior is documented in an internal bug documentation, this info is not available for public view ( perhaps ). Following are the relevant details..

Timeout occurs while loging in to ccmadmin  or ccmserviceabilty while publisher is not well :

If the publisher database becomes unavailable the Tomcat service on the subscriber servers is not able to access the publisher database when it does become available. Our customer hit this problem when the Pub DB went offline due to a DDR Block. The only way to recover from this error condition is to restart Tomcat on the subscriber. Before Tomcat is restarted the CCMAdmin and CCMServiceability web pages on the subscribers do not function. This defect is to make the Tomcat process more resilient to failures of the publisher database.  Specifically, the Cisco webapps running inside the Tomcat service that have database dependencies. No manual intervention should be needed to restore connectivity.

Also CUCM 5.x must be already end of support, so it is strongly recommended to go to latest CUCM versions to get above shortfalls fixed.

If the info helps, pls rate the post.

GP.

Thanks for your response.

I resterted Tomcat on Subscriber...no difference..

I agree with you about upgrade need,but cluster was working fine more than 2 years.

This morning problem occured...

Any Ideas?

All I wanted to emphasize on was the " DDR Block " issue with CUCM 5.1.3. You may try to reload the CUCM cluster ( first Pub & then Subs sequentially ) over a weekend to see if the DDR Block issue resolves. But this will be more or less a temp workaround.

Also, if TAC still supports your CUCM, engage them to see if there is any fix available for this issue in terms of ES etc.

Regards

GP.

Thanks a lot for your help.

See,what i can do...

Glad, that I could provide some pointer.

Cheers !!

GP

I checked CSCsg06024            Bug Details

My version of UCM is not affected...

So,the question is still open...

This early morning i restarted all the cluster.

Now everything is ok.

So,i was not able to find out what was causing this problem.

There was no error in reports and monitoring alerts.

It's time to plan Upgrade procedure for me i think :-)

Nice to hear that. If my understanding is correct, the DDR lock issue might occur again if not upgraded to a more stable version soon.

Even though DDR lock appears temporary but recurring issue & cluster reboot could be a workaround to fix it, it's definitely recommended to go for a solution than workaround.

GP.

Thanks,but as i wrote before our CCM version is not affected to "DDR block" bug.

It should be something else..

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: