At the link error log:

Have any idea to resolve this?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Have u build the subscriber with proper credentials like OS username,Security password and application username  which were existing prior to restoring?

regds,

aman

Yes, the credentials, security password and applications username are the same at the moment of backup.

Only CCMDB get Fail state the others process are 100% completed.

JC,

I think it's the hostname of the subscriber that's causing the issue. Can you make sure that it's the same as the old one? Also the IP address?

Can you upload the DRF Master and Local logs from both servers here?

Thanks
Sree

Thank you for response Sree

I´m sure the configuration data, the security password could to be different, at the beggining of restore ask me the security password.

There is a way to perform restore from Backup and not from subscriber?

Hi ,

Is it that call manager server got crashed and u are trying to restore ?

can u please explain?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

After upgrade from 7.1 to 9.1 we got some error on the Publisher server, resolved by the TAC, who suggested to perform a Rebuild of the Pubisher.

I was take a complete backup, then a refresh install of the 9.1 version.

I try to perform the restore fomr the backup and the result is this error on CCMDB.

Hi,

I am not sure if your issue is related to this bug

DRS Restore Fails when FIPS is enabled
CSCud69222
Symptom:
DRS Restore Fails when FIPS is enabled

Conditions:
When I am trying to enable the cucm in fips mode and do a backup it works fine.
When I put back my cucm to non-fips and try doing a restore, it gives me an error in elm-server and clm components.

Workaround:
None

regds,

aman 

You can use the following ways to verify what hostname of subscriber is present on the publisher.

1. Cisco Unified Reporting. Check if the hosts, rhosts and sqlhosts files match.

2. show network cluster on both servers CLI

3. show tech network hosts on both servers CLI

jc.saavedra
Level 1
Level 1

I complete the restore.

I was trying to restore the Database from a subscriber (I think this is a better procedure) but this restore failed.

When I select the option restore from backup instead of subscriber the restore success: restore completed.

Select the server from which database data need to be restored: keep on --Not Selected-- and clic on restore button.

Thank you so much.

Hello, Jc Saavedra.
I can see you have solved the problem on your own )

Could you mark your correct answer, please.

This was my mistake as well - to chose CUCM_Sub instead of not choosing anything, step 9 is optional, - silly thing.

Actually, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91_chapter_01.html#CUCM_TK_RDE82520_00

THIS WAS My snag:
Step 9 (Optional) From the Select Server Name drop-down list box, choose the subscriber node from which you want to restore the publisher database. The Disaster Recovery System restores all nondatabase information from the backup file and pulls the latest database from the chosen subscriber node.

Note
This option appears only if the backup file that you selected includes the CCMDB database component. Initially, only the publisher node is fully restored, but when you perform Step 15 and restore the subsequent cluster nodes, the Disaster Recovery System performs database replication and fully synchronizes all cluster node databases. This ensures that all cluster nodes are using current data.

Note
Make sure the subscriber node that you chose is up and connected to the cluster. A subscriber node can be added manually to the cluster in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration (System > Server).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: