Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME additional License

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a 3945 cme router that comes bundled with 25 cme user licenses. It was also configured with more100 cme licenses, making it a total of 125 cme licenses.

Now i need to add another 200 cme licenses, I got the attached license but without a PAK to activate the license.

Please advice, do I need PAK to acquire the additional cme licenses for my router?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

CME FL - licenses for users and CME/SRST are in fact honor based, so yes,

in theory you could do just what you noted

This would be all good until you need support of course or get audited

Here's the answer from Cisco Licensing on this question. This was nicely

supplied by Ian in this thread we were working on

"Licensing functionality is working as per design here.  Cme-srst licenses are honor based

and hence you have to just accept the EULA.  After the 60 days of EvalRightToUse the

license will change to "right to use" for 12 years."

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2075659?tstart=0

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

There is no need to load any license in this instance. This is purely a RTU

"Right to Use" license

You should be good to go!

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

This sounds interesting. Let mepaint the exact senario.

When doing dynamic configuration for the cme 3945 router (which comes bundled with a default 25 user license), I included an additional 100 cme licenses (FL-CME-SRST-100) which makes it 125 users in all.

After a while, I decided to maximise the capabability of the router by requesting for more FL-MCE-SRST-100= (two qty) to accommodate the extra 200 IP Phones I have.

Now, If there is no need toload any license, My questions are:

1) would I be able to configure the additional 200 IP Phones without requesting for the additional FL-CME-SRST-100= licenses?

2) the FL-CME-SRST-100= is a priced item so what is the justification for pricing it.

3) Are you confirming to me that I can also get a default cme bundled router with the default 25 user licenses, and with this I can be able to configure 350 IP Phones on it without getting more licenses?

regards.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

These are paper licenses, You will have to purchase them and use them. You can not add phone beyond the purchase value. If you do not purchage and add the extra phone it would be illegal.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

CME FL - licenses for users and CME/SRST are in fact honor based, so yes,

in theory you could do just what you noted

This would be all good until you need support of course or get audited

Here's the answer from Cisco Licensing on this question. This was nicely

supplied by Ian in this thread we were working on

"Licensing functionality is working as per design here.  Cme-srst licenses are honor based

and hence you have to just accept the EULA.  After the 60 days of EvalRightToUse the

license will change to "right to use" for 12 years."

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2075659?tstart=0

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: