Helpful
Replies

CCME and attendant console & CUE

trevor.teasdale
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two questions

1. Is there an attendant console for the CCME for a receptionist that can be installed on their PC? If so, does the attendant console have all of the basic functions like transfer, etc?

2. I am looking at the NME-CUE and beleive it supports integrated messaging which I beleive is where you can listen to voicemail through your email client. Is this voicemail to email functionality in CUE similar to that provided on the UNITY platform (unified messaging), i just need to know if it is useable and stable.

I have used unified messaging with unity but not with unity express so let me know if it works OK

Many thanks

TT

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

arcsolutions.com makes such a product.

I wrote a 'consolite' that only monitors extension status:

http://pbevila.fastmail.fm/public/CME%20Consolite/

As for CUE 2.3.4 that is the most used, I don't think it supports UM, not sure about 3.0/3.1

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Trevor,

Here is the latest and greatest Comparison doc;

Cisco Unified Messaging Feature Comparison

Version 2.0 Updated August 30, 2007

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

So looks CUE does it. Great link, thanks Rob !

thanks guys

So - there is no cisco attendant console for CCME, only 3rd party, am I correct

Has anyone used CUE and unified messaging, does it work well?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi TT,

The IMAP with CUE funtionality has been available since April 2006 (CUE 2.3) I don't know anyone personally who uses this feature but I haven't seen many problems or negative feedback here in my way too many hours on these forums :)

Take care,

Rob

Hey Paolo... nice to hear from you today :) It always brightens my day! Huff

thks Rob & Paolo

I read that the NME-CUE supports 50 Imap sessions. Do you know if these are concurrent sessions? By this i mean if I had 96 phones in CCME all with VM, could they all receive voicemail email?

Thanks again

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi TT,

First off, you are most welcome! The capability is for 50 concurrent IMAP sessions;

maxsessions num-sessions

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(config-imap)# maxsessions 25

Specifies the maximum number of concurrent IMAP client sessions. Valid values are 1 to 50. Default is 50.

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 CLI Administrator Guide

Configuring Integrated Messaging

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/cliadmin/ch_imap.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

awesome again - thankyou

the concurrent IMAP sessions, are they created between the Outlook client and CUE on an as needs basis IE: when a new voicemail arrives

or

is the imap connection an always on connection one the outlook client opens?

thanks again

Hi TT,

My understanding is that this is an "as needed" or Session based. I think this config indicates this.

session idletimeout minutes

Example:

se-10-0-0-0(config-imap)# session idletimeout 45

Specifies the number of minutes an IMAP session can be idle. After this maximum is reached, the system automatically disconnects the session. Valid values are 30 to120 minutes. The default is 30 minutes.

Hope this helps!

Rob

craiglcve
Level 4
Level 4

ARC solutions has an AC application that works with CME. IP Blue has one that is either out or coming out soon. As for Unified Messaging it works on the AIM-CUE in version 3.0 and the NM-CUE versions. As mentioned from Rob and the others. The configuration is a little tricky but not hard. I have it running on about 8 different clients and it works great. You will need to create another group and assign the IMAP user to the group. This is usually what I do.

Login to the CUE

config t

groupname IMAP create

groupname IMAP privilege vm-imap

groupname IMAP member userx

groupname IMAP member usery

add all the users to that you want to the group.

On the client config you will need to specify the email address as username@x.x.x.x.com

x.x.x.x is the CUE address.

Great info from Rob and Craig! I've rated both! Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: