cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Blocking inbound caller id on select IP phones

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I have a client with employees are getting selective on what calls to answer based on the caller id info.  Is there a way to disable the display of inbound caller id info on select ip phones?

The phones are 7941g/7911g.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option would be to use a voice tranlsation rule/profile and apply the profile to the ephone-dn that should not receive caller ID.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I've used translation rules/profiles in the past but only on dial-peers...

Do you have a config example of how to set this up on a dn?  I don't have a CME system to test with as this is for a client.

You apply the translation profile to an ephone-dn in the same way that you would a dial peer:

ephone-dn 1

translation-profile incoming 1

Hope this helps.

Brandon

So setting this up will enable me to make any inbound call's caller ID change to whatever number I specify.

One question...though this will change the number, will it also affect the name portion of caller ID?

Sorry for all the questions but I can't get on site to test until my client authorizes the work, and they won't authorize the work if I'm not sure it will work.

Thanks again!

Hmm. Good question. I don't think the name will be affected which may defeat your purpose. Would need to test to be sure.

Brandon