Views
Helpful
Replies

ccme: max # of conference

lampard1398
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I add the following command on ccme but i can only made a conference call with three user at a time from my 7941 phone.

telephony-service

max-conferences 8 gain -6

Any other config is required to make conference call with more than 3 users.

Thanks.

35 Replies 35

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lampard,

The sad fact is that CME only supports a maximum of 3 parties in an Ad-hoc conference:(

The command you tried just sets the maximum number of simultaneous 3-Party conferences. Have a look;

Cisco CME supports three-party conference for local and on-net calls. To participate in a conference, all conference participants must use G.711. This service also supports conversion between G.711 mu-law and a-law. The maximum number of simultaneous conferences is platform-specific.

max-conferences max-conference-number

Sets the maximum number of simultaneous three-party conferences supported by the router. The default is half of the maximum simultaneous three-party conferences per platform.

The maximum number of simultaneous three-party conferences supported by a router is platform-dependent:

8 - Cisco 1751, Cisco 1760, Cisco 2610XM, Cisco 2611XM, Cisco 2620XM, Cisco 2621XM, Cisco 2650XM, Cisco 2691, Cisco 3640, Cisco 3640A.

16 - Cisco 3660, Cisco 3725, Cisco 3745.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f125b.html#wp2174914

With CME/CUE you can set up the ability to have a 32-Party Meet-Me conference (but I don't think that is what you are looking for), here is the link for Meet-Me Conferencing:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4625/c1090/ccmigration_09186a0080523eaa.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

When using SIP load with CME, the following link does say that you can use Conference cascading to add more than 3 people in the conference. I have never been able to find proper documentation regarding how to configure this feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008052dcea.html

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Tony Huynh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you upgrade to CME 4.1 (12.4(11)XJ - BU special for early adopters), you can have up to 8 party ad-hoc conferencing (8 participants in one conference call) and 32 party meet-me conferencing (32 parties in a conference that a conference initiator starts and others dial in). Both of these features were added with CME 4.1 - additionally CME 4.1 removes the need to have a t1 looped back into the router for meet-me conferencing to work.

If you have any questions, please post a reply back and I will answer it as I don't want incorrect information being passed out.

Regards,

Tony

we have cme 4.1 12.4(11)xj. i have tried to do more than a 3 party conference and it doesn't allow it. is there additional configuration that needs to be done?

can someone answer this?

HI

any one please reply

Many Thanks

You need CME 4.1 and additional DSP resources that would enable you to configure hardware conferencing. It is actully pretty neat how it works, and you can have up to 8 ad hoc conferences with 8 participants each. You can also configure MeetMe conferencing where the max of participants could be 32.

The link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_feature_guide09186a0080762226.html

Dragi

Hi

as per this document only i configured.

the issue im facing issues

i have 4 DSP Modules .

when i dial Meet me number in first phone its getting connected.

when i dial Meet Me number in second phone directly it gives message

"" cannot complete conference""""

IM ATTACHING CCME CONFIG

pls help

many thanks

I'm having the same issues. Did you get this one figured out? I've followed all of the documentation with no results...

You have to configure CME hardware conferencing to enable ad-hoc conference calls of more than 3 users. By default 3-party software conferencing is enabled on all systems, but if you want more than 3 parties, you have to enable HW conf.

Here is config guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_feature_guide09186a0080762226.html

Additional notes:

To enable 8 party HW conf, you are going to have to configure 4 dual-channel ephone-dns with the same extension number - use something like a001 so that no one can accidently dial that extension.

Hope this helps,

Tony

Just to add to this, I think what may be causing some confusion here is the command

telephony-service

max-conferences 8 gain -6

The "8" above specifies the amount of "3" party conferences possible on the system.

Regards,

Tony

Thanks Tony for your response!

We need meetme conferencing.

We are running CME 4.1 12.4(11)XJ4

The way I understand it, I pick up a phone, push the meetme softkey, wait for tone, dial 90001, pick up another phone and dial 90001, and the conference is connected?

I am getting the dial tone on the first phone, and dial 90001. I hear a fast busy and " can not complete conference" message on screen.

I followed all of the configuration steps in the Admin Manual.

What am I missing?

---------------

a sample of our config:

ephone-dn 300 dual-line

number 90001

conference meetme

preference 1

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 301 dual-line

number 90001

conference meetme

preference 2

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 302 dual-line

number 90001

conference meetme

preference 3

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 303 dual-line

number 90001

conference meetme

preference 4

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 304 dual-line

number 90001

conference meetme

preference 5

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 305 dual-line

number 90001

conference meetme

preference 6

no huntstop

-------------------

Thanks for your help!

Here is a working config for meetme conferencing that should get you up and running -

Once the feature is enabled, to initiate a meet me conference, the first phone goes off hook and gets dial tone. The conference Initiator then presses the MEET ME button and dials 6788 to be the first participant.

As other phones want to join the conference, they only have to go off hook and dial 6788 - this allows them enter the conference and as the other parties join , all other participants will hear the conference join tone. As parties drop off the remaining members will hear the conference leave tone.

Users can also dial 111 to mute their own audio and 222 to re-enable their audio.

The custom cptones 'jointone' and 'leavetone' are a series of tones that are played when participants enter and leave the bridge. You can change the tones and cadences to make all kinds of annoying noises should you feel so inclined.

You need IOS version 12.4.11XJ to use this feature.

!

voice-card 0

no dspfarm

dsp services dspfarm <----- don't forget this command otherwise you can't add many of the other configs!

!

!

voice class custom-cptone leavetone

dualtone conference

frequency 400 800

cadence 400 50 200 50 200 50

!

!

voice class custom-cptone jointone

dualtone conference

frequency 600 900

cadence 300 150 300 100 300 50

!

!

!

sccp local FastEthernet0/0

sccp ccm 10.66.75.79 identifier 1 version 4.0

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 2 register confprof2

!

dspfarm profile 2 conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum sessions 8

conference-join custom-cptone jointone

conference-leave custom-cptone leavetone

associate application SCCP

no shutdown <----- need to manually add the no shut after the profile has been created

!

!

telephony-service

sdspfarm conference mute-on 111 mute-off 222

sdspfarm units 3

sdspfarm unregister force

sdspfarm tag 2 confprof2

<>

!

!

ephone-template 2 <---- New template needed to add the extra softkeys

softkeys hold Join Newcall Resume Select

softkeys idle Cfwdall ConfList Dnd Join Newcall Pickup Redial RmLstC

softkeys seized Endcall Redial Meetme Cfwdall Pickup

softkeys connected ConfList Confrn Endcall Hold Join Park RmLstC Select Trnsfer

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 4001

!

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 4002

!

!

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

number 4003

!

!

ephone-dn 21 dual-line <------ 4 dual line DN's should allow an 8 party conference

number 6788

conference meetme

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 22 dual-line

number 6788

conference meetme

preference 1

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 23 dual-line

number 6788

conference meetme

preference 1

no huntstop

!

!

ephone-dn 24 dual-line

number 6788

conference meetme

preference 3

!

!

ephone 1

conference drop-mode creator

conference add-mode creator

ephone-template 2

mac-address 0012.DAFA.7D33

button 1:1

!

!

!

ephone 2

ephone-template 2

mac-address 0003.6BC3.83E9

button 1:2

!

!

!

ephone 3

ephone-template 2

mac-address 0012.D9D6.A017

type 7960

button 1:3

!

What would cause a "no conference bridge" message on the screen?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: