We are running version 4.02 on a 2851, since the BST clock change the time on 7941 and 7961 phones is wrong. The 2851 is running NTP, the clock is right on here and on the CCME gui, but not on the phones. I tried the phone loads in FN 62686 which was for a problem with DST and these phones, I reset one phone and the tftp was taking ages, the router cpu went to 99% and phones dropped out, I had to reload the router, so I backed this load out. Has anyone else seen this problem or know which phone load will fix this ? Thanks, Mike
Yes you need the newer loads to fix the DST among other things.
I've never had problems with tftp when upgrading the phones. What is your config? All failing, can you set tftp on another machine, even a pc with tftp32, change dhcp settings momentarily to point to this new machine, and try again.
that's a good idea, I will try the tftp from my laptop. when the router went to 99% the apps41 file was loading, half the phones dropped out, you would not get dial tone even if you reset the phone, hence the router reload. do you know which files you need to tftp as a minimum to get the DST fix working, from the files below :
Sure. There are two methods to drive the phone to update using an external tftp server:
Method A (load info from XML file)
1. copy from the router system:/its/XMLDefault.cnf.xml to tftp server. It should contain the load previously specified in configuration.
2. Copy the individual firmware files to tftp server, except termxx.default.loads that is not needed with this method.
3. reset the phone from CLI or keypad.
Method B (factory reset):
1. Copy all the files to tftp server.
2. Remove power from phone. Press and hold # while reapplying power, until LED flashes. Release # and press in sequence: 123456789*0#. The phone will completely reset and will search for termXX.default.loads, and the individual files specified in there.
Since you are there, I suggest you use instead 8.2(2)SR1, that came out after the package for CME and should contain all fixes. it is downloadable on CCO, 7900 firmware page.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...