Views
Helpful
Replies

cdr admin rights

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we need to get the cdr reports for a site.When i access the cdr page through userid admin and password admin,it tells me to assign a user the admin access.But we dont have any user as administrator.So give the administrator the entire control i.e the administrator userid n password through which i log into the ccmadmin page,do i need to create a user as adminstrator and assign him the same password.Then through the cdr give the administrator the rights for cdr.Also if i assign a user an access is it possible to add more users with the same rights.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ganesh,

You can set up any user (even a dummy user for yourself) with a new username/password set to access/administer CAR. You will want to do this for Security and other reasons. You can setup multiple CAR Administrators.

For example;

From CCMADMIN>Add a New User

Add GANESH RAGHURAM (username graghuram) with Password etc.

Accessing the Initial User ID and Password

Only CAR administrators have administrative privileges on CAR. Individual users can log onto CAR using the user ID and password they use to access Cisco CallManager Administration; however, they can only be granted administrative privileges by a CAR administrator. The initial logon to CAR requires the use of a specific user ID and password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: To grant administrative privileges to users, you must first log onto CAR using admin as the initial user name and password. Log onto CAR using this user name and password to grant CAR administrator rights to user(s) for the first time. This user ID and password will only work when there are no CAR administrators configured in the system. Once one or more users have been granted administrator rights, this initial logon (admin, admin) will be disabled. At this point, only CAR administrators (users who have been granted administrator rights initially using admin, admin, can grant CAR administrator rights to other users.

Step 1 In the CAR window, choose System > System Parameters > Admin Rights.

The Grant/Revoke CAR Admin Rights window displays.

Step 2 In the User ID field, enter the user ID for the individual that you want to add as a CAR administrator **use(graghuram)**.

If you do not know the valid user ID, click the Search User(s) link. See Searching for Users, for instructions on searching for a user.

Step 3 Click the Add button.

Cisco CallManager copies the user specified in the User ID field to the list of CAR administrators.

Step 4 To designate the listed users as CAR administrators, click the Update button. Changes take effect immediately.

From this 4.1.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f526a.html#wp1092239

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: