Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CDR Issue-CDR Server is down???

Running CCm 3.3(3),CAR 3.3(045)Everything had been working fine until this point. In the Event Viewer/Application Log we receive an error CDR Insert, which says that the CDR Server is down?I verified all of the CDR configuration and all is good?.I am not sure where to find where to go to enable/bring up the CDR server?.Thanks in Advance for your input!

3 REPLIES

Re: CDR Issue-CDR Server is down???

On the publisher go to Start --> Run and type services.msc search for the Cisco CDR Insert service, if it is stopped just select it and start it.

HTH

//Jorge

Thanks for your reply!!I did try to stop and restart this service, before I reached out for help It is configured to start automatically...I also did a database dip in SQL and all fields are blank??? What do you think??? I will see what comes back here and open up a case w/ Cisco if all else fails

Have you tried reinstalling the CAR tool? if the CDR database is blank then there is a problem, you could try recreating the database with the following steps but I think that is best to open a case with us so an engineer can take a deeper look on your system.

Follow these steps to recreate the CDR database:

1. Go to Enterprise Manager, Tools, SQL Server Query Analyzer (make sure you are running

Query Analyzer from the right database server).

2. Open file, load from C:\Program Files\Cisco\Bin\CDR.sql and hit play button.

This should create CDR database.

3. Go to SQL Enterprise Manager, highlight CDR - Users, right click and select

New Database User.

4. On Login name pulldown menu, select CiscoCCMCDR (only if CiscoCCMCDR not already

there) and make sure public and db_owner box is check.

5. Restart Callmanager server.

6. Make sure CDREnabled is checked.

Start --> Programs --> Cisco CallManager --> Service --> Service parameters

--> choose your callmanager --> under "service" select "Cisco CallManager" --> at

the displayed page, scroll down to "System" --> CDR Enabled Flag --> set this

parameter to "True" --> click on "update".

7. Please make sure that all the "Cisco CDR" services are running in Publisher and

Subscribers.

8 . Make sure that Cisco Database Layer Monitor service is running in callmanager. If

it's running, re-start the Cisco Database Layer Monitor service and see if you get

replication between the pub/sub.

start --> programs --> Administrative tools --> services --> scroll down to

"Cisco Database Layer Monitor" --> select this service --> stop this service using

the buttons at the top of this page --> click on the button "start service".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content