Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Management preservation duration

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am working on way to query the CDR on a CUCM publisher to display call detail information.  I've noticed that the

CDR / CMR Files Preservation Duration (Days) field can not be increased over 30 days on the CDR Management page - which I take to mean that I can not bring up records older than 30 days.  Is this a correct assumption?  Isn't there a way to increase it to maybe a year?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shikamarunara,

Hope all is well my friend

One year is not possible, but you might be able to keep them

for 180 days before being purged depending on the amount of

records based on the High Water mark (not configurable).

Configuring Automatic Database Purge

This section describes how to schedule and disable automatic purging of  the CAR database. By default, the system enables automatic database  purge.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > Database > Configure Automatic Purge.

The Configure Automatic Database Purge window displays. At the top of  the window, the percentage amount of the CAR database space that has  been used gets displayed. The maximum CAR Database space that is  available gets displayed in megabytes.

Step 2 From  the Low Water Mark drop-down list box, choose the minimum percentage of  the maximum CAR database size that you want the system to use for CAR  data. The default value specifies 80 percent.

Tip The  system notifies you when the CAR database size reaches the low or the  high water mark; it also notifies you when the CAR database size exceeds  the maximum number of records. For information on configuring an e-mail  alert, see the "Enabling or Disabling Alerts by Mail" section on page 36-4, for instructions.

Step 3 From  the High Water Mark drop-down list box, choose the maximum percentage  of the maximum CAR database size that you want the system to use for CAR  data. The default value specifies 90 percent.

Step 4 In  the Max Age of Call Detail Records field, enter the maximum number of  days that you want to keep the CDRs in the CAR database. Enter a number  between 1 and 180. The default value specifies 60 days.

CAR deletes all CDRs that are older than the specified number of days.

Note To restore the default values for the fields in this window, click the Restore Defaults button.

Step 5 Click the Update button.

The changes take effect at midnight. To make changes take effect immediately, restart the Cisco CAR Scheduler service.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_6_1/car/carsydb.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shikamarunara,

Hope all is well my friend

One year is not possible, but you might be able to keep them

for 180 days before being purged depending on the amount of

records based on the High Water mark (not configurable).

Configuring Automatic Database Purge

This section describes how to schedule and disable automatic purging of  the CAR database. By default, the system enables automatic database  purge.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > Database > Configure Automatic Purge.

The Configure Automatic Database Purge window displays. At the top of  the window, the percentage amount of the CAR database space that has  been used gets displayed. The maximum CAR Database space that is  available gets displayed in megabytes.

Step 2 From  the Low Water Mark drop-down list box, choose the minimum percentage of  the maximum CAR database size that you want the system to use for CAR  data. The default value specifies 80 percent.

Tip The  system notifies you when the CAR database size reaches the low or the  high water mark; it also notifies you when the CAR database size exceeds  the maximum number of records. For information on configuring an e-mail  alert, see the "Enabling or Disabling Alerts by Mail" section on page 36-4, for instructions.

Step 3 From  the High Water Mark drop-down list box, choose the maximum percentage  of the maximum CAR database size that you want the system to use for CAR  data. The default value specifies 90 percent.

Step 4 In  the Max Age of Call Detail Records field, enter the maximum number of  days that you want to keep the CDRs in the CAR database. Enter a number  between 1 and 180. The default value specifies 60 days.

CAR deletes all CDRs that are older than the specified number of days.

Note To restore the default values for the fields in this window, click the Restore Defaults button.

Step 5 Click the Update button.

The changes take effect at midnight. To make changes take effect immediately, restart the Cisco CAR Scheduler service.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_6_1/car/carsydb.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

Hey Rob,

Thanks for responding (how's the weather up north?)

That's interesting, I guess third party solutions must be pulling the records and querying them locally because I'm pretty sure they can store the data for much longer.  The earliest date I have information on is December 2nd.

You usually configure a billing server to which the CDR flat files are sent for further processing by the 3rd party app, then you can keep them for as long as you want, either in the CSV format, or by getting the data into a DB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: