Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CDR SQL query

Hello,

I'm, trying to create a sql query that will show total number and duration of incoming and outgoing calls. Since there is no such option in CDR I have decided to do this via publisher cli with "run sql query". I have already created the queries.

My concerns is : Could this query cause crash of the publisher (high CPU utilization)?  Customer CDR database contains 1.7 mil records in billing_data table with the latest entry from 29/2/2012.

Is this option(run sql query from publisher) suitable for such large queries?

Does the publisher/Iformix DB have some prevention mechanisms, against queries that cannot be handled or against high CPU utilization?

Any advice is appreciated

• IP Telephony
2 REPLIES

CDR SQL query

You really shouldn't be doing analysis type queries on your CUCM DB. You should be feeding the CDRs into another system, and running analysis on there.

Think of the call data records in the CUCM DB as just a cache before they are delivered to an external DB.

As to whether the query will bring down CUCM. Assuming your publisher has no phones/gateways registered to it, then your pathalogical SQL query *shouldn't* affect call processing. When I've done some pathalogical SQL UPDATES to my CUCM cluster, I've seen CUCM rollback the UPDATE because it was taking too long, so there are some protections in there.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

CDR SQL query

Hi Peter...would something like this be of use -

Views
Helpful
Replies