Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Uploading for Billing Server

the_qamar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Since last few months,we have configured CAR CDRs on my CUCM8.5 cluster and uploading them to abilling server without any problem. We were using default settings for CDR uploading but now ; we need to upload the CDRs after every 24 hours . I have changed the configuration as below but It is not working although I have restated all the required services .Default configuration is still working and CDR are being uploaded continuously  (Scheduler continuously loading the CDR to Billing server ) .

As per document on Cisco CAR Scheduler needs to be restarted to make the configuration changes effect immediately but it was not working. So I restarted below services on CUCM Publisher .

Cisco CDR Repository Manager

Cisco CDR Agent

Cisco CAR Scheduler

CDR load configuration

Disable Loader (Unchecked)

Continuous Loading 24/7   (Unchecked)

Load CDR only (Checked)

Time 00.01

Loading interval Every 24hours

Duration 30 minutes

Uninhibited Loading

From 00.00

to 05.00

Please look into this and advise me , did I missed something in configuration or do I need to restarte some other service?

Thanks and Regards, Qamar Nasrullah Khan, http://www.indeed.com/me/qamarkhan
1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You basicaly changed all the possible parameters but the one you needed to.

All you changed is related to the actual CAR DB and the flat files stored in the server, not sending the flat files to the billing server.

The one you need to change is the CDR file time interval under enterprise parameters

Notice that we send the files every minute to make it easier on the server as a huge file would take a lot of network resources and might cause problems, not to mention CPU load. Also, if anything happens to the server before the file is transferred, you'll lose all that information and there's no way to recover it.

Also, we have no method to configure at what time the file will be sent.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate