cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE520 switches can only be configured from Cisco Configuration Assistant??

tcekada
Level 1
Level 1

Am I missing something or is it true that you can only configure a CE520 switch with the Cisco Configuration Assistant?? After I set it up with the Express Setup, I clicked on configure and only got an advertisment to download CCA??

Thanks,

Tony

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CCA is not required. You access the web service via browser, and all can be done is there.

Note if you need is L2 PoE switch of reasonable cost, nos cisco has finally release the ws-2960-24pc-l, it costs a tad more than the ce520/500w switches, but it has a regualt CLI and does everything a cisco switch is supposed to do.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

With the CE500 switches I found this to be correct, but believe me I have a brand new CE520 with 12.2(37)IOS on it, and the only thing you can do when you browse to it is the Express Setup part. You cannot setup VLANs or change port settings in the Web Browser. The Install/Upgrade docs seem to confirm this.

Thanks anyway,

Tony

OMG, I believe that and I think that is a major step back in product usability. Hope you can find a way around that, perhaps loading a CE500 image could help ?

For sure I'll never ever buy a product that requires to install an application to set the very few things it does.

The exec "backdoor" is still there: http://ip-addr/exec but is no substitute for a real CLI.

My vote for it looks like you need the Configuration assistant to configure the switch. 68MB.