Views
Helpful
Replies

Centralized Cisco TSP installation

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi!

Is it possible to perform automatic remote installation of the CiscoTSP on e.g. all the computers of the domain. Users don't have rights to change "phones and modem options" to insert their username and password and callmanager IP.

How can this info than be provided? (administrator going physiclly from one user to another typing the settings is not an option) Is it possible to perform this installation in such way?

thanks for any suggestions,

Goran Pilat

3 Replies 3

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, this is possible, however you'd need the software to do it (Microsoft Systems Management Server, Novell's Zenworks etc.).

You could install the client via Microsoft's SMS etc, details attached:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/solutionaccelerators/cits/dsd/naisms/naismsag.mspx

Then you would need to write a script for the settings etc.

Please rate useful posts.....

writing the script isnt so easy. THe userid and password for cisco TSP is added to the registry, but the password is encrypted.

so you will have allot of issues if for instance you have AD integration with password policies forcing users to change their passwords every 90 days.

I have not found a way to set the encrypted password in the registry as yet. Hopefully someone very clever has figured it out?

We are using planning to use this with the cisco salesforce.com call connector, but it isnt viable if user have to upate their settings so often.

cvanitterbeeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are experiencing exactly the same problem.

Users have very limited rights and we would like to put this as a parameters in the installation script from the distribution server.

Have anyone find a better alternative than CiscoTSP?

I tried another one but it's apparently not working without licenses and nobody from the website pickup my license request... (I'm talking about Unified Outlook Dialer)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quite blocking for us to install it on every computer.

Thanks for any suggestion,

CVI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: