Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CER 2.0.4

Hi i am trying to upgrade cer 2.0.4 to 7.1.1 have upgraded published by dvd but no rebooted now i am trying to upgrade subscriber but it fails from the same dvd as well as sftp i am wondering do i have to reboot the publisher and make the 7.1.1 the active partition before i upgrade the subscriber maybe the sub looks a the pub to make sure he is already upgraded i just thought since they were both inactive partitions you could install both and reboot after hours....

Thanks for the help

2 REPLIES

Re: CER 2.0.4

No, you need to get your Publisher up on 7.X and licensed before you can upgrade the Subscriber.  If you have them configured correctly, any 911 calls should fail over to the Subscriber as soon as you bring the Publisher down, so down-time should not be an issue.  Also, we've found that it's better in our environment to make changes/upgrades to CER during the day (actually, around 10 AM is the least likely time for an emergency in our environment).

Re: CER 2.0.4

Thnaks my cer servers are licenced for 2.0.4 the documentation dosent say anything about reapplying licenses if you upgrade to 7.1.1 they should be copyed over with the upgrade as well as the data is this not right????

Views
Helpful
Replies