Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

CER 7.1> ERL Membership > Switchports > Import

I want to assign all ports on a switch to a single ERL. It’s easy to do via the GUI as I just search on IP and put check mark in the switch which selects all ports then hit Assign ERL. I have about 300 Catalyst switches of various makes/models and GUI would take awhile. Thought that Import might help here.

The view sample import indicates the following fields in sample Excel csv, those with * are mandatory, there are 3;

ERL Name*,Switch IP Address*,IfName,Location,Phone Extension,Phone IP Address,Phone Type,Port Name,Phone MAC Address,Switch HostName,Port Identifier*

Sample row;

New Zone,10.64.134.101,Fa0/11,Cube 16 Floor 6,,, ,FastEthernet0/11, ,cat3524PWR-XL-MKTG:,0/11

The problem is the switch models vary so the Port Identifier vary, why can’t I just use the ERL Name and Switch IP Address and say all ports?  Like I’m going to know all the Port Identifiers?

Anyone know of a workaround? What I really want is;

ERL Name, Switch IP Address

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content