Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CER ALI Information

I have always had a bit of confusion over some of the ALI settings in CER.

1) Class of Service - All the instructions just say to ask your service provider, but when I do that they typically have no idea what I am talking about.  Typically I have chosen Business PBX as that seems to make the most sense to how the provider views this system.

2) Type of Service - again, all the instructions say to ask your service provider and again when I do they have no idea what to tell me to set.  What does this setting actually do.

3) Company ID- same issue.  The providers I have dealt with typically have no idea what this should be.

4) Customer Code - same issue again.  The providers I have dealt with typically have no idea what the customer code should be.

In all of these, the instructions in the administration guide all say to contact your service provider.  Yet when I do they seem to have no idea what these settings need to be.

Additionally, even though it is not a required field, should the Main NPA be the area code of the actual ELIN assigned to the ERL or related to what area code the site actually resides in regardless of the ELIN assigned.  Or is this related to the Main number which the description says may be the security office for the site.  Should the Main NPA and Main number be an alternate number for the site unrelated to the ERL/ELIN settings.

Thanks in advance for the clarifications.

• IP Telephony
Views
Helpful
Replies