cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER: Any way to share ELINS between ERLS

billkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think this is possible, but thought I'd ask.

I there any way to build multiple ERLs and have them share one ELIN. Customer has very limited DIDs, so unless I can share an ELIN between ERLS, he is limited in the number of ERLs to the number of DIDs (ELINS) available. Correct?

I imagine that CER would need to keep a mapping of which ERL called out using which ELIN, but I don't know if this happens.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you wanted to share ELINs between ERLs, then there is no use for ERLs. the DIDs are what narrow in the PSAP what location called 911. It's a 1:1 mapping. If I had (2) locations in a 50 story building, and they had separate ERLs (20th floor and 30th floor) and you used DID 555-2000 for ERL. In the PSAP, what you would put in as the location of the ERL physical address??? would not work, defeats the purpose of e911. They can only respond to one location per DN.

The only option is to group the ERLs together and put under one ELIN. (form 1 group). Then the address would have to be general, like the street number. The notes in the PSAP database could say "ASK FLOOR LOCATION" so the 911 operator knows to ask where they are. They will have the rest of the information, call back number, address, etc.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you wanted to share ELINs between ERLs, then there is no use for ERLs. the DIDs are what narrow in the PSAP what location called 911. It's a 1:1 mapping. If I had (2) locations in a 50 story building, and they had separate ERLs (20th floor and 30th floor) and you used DID 555-2000 for ERL. In the PSAP, what you would put in as the location of the ERL physical address??? would not work, defeats the purpose of e911. They can only respond to one location per DN.

The only option is to group the ERLs together and put under one ELIN. (form 1 group). Then the address would have to be general, like the street number. The notes in the PSAP database could say "ASK FLOOR LOCATION" so the 911 operator knows to ask where they are. They will have the rest of the information, call back number, address, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: