While reading through a field notice for DST fix for CER it states "For CER version 1.2(3), please apply OS 2000.4.2SR14 which can also be downloaded from the link above. These Operating Systems contain the fix for the Daylight Savings issue and CER time stamps will be accurately recorded."
I'm running OS 2000.2.7Sr8. How can I change my OS from what it is currently running up to 2000.4.2 SR 14. Will I have to totally install new OS or is there an upgrade path for OS. Please let me know. Thanks
There is an upgrade path, just be careful to go to 2000.4.2 first (3-4 reboots) and then to 2000.4.2 sr14. Have a look;
Operating System Upgrade 2000.4.2 (win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-2.exe)
Perform the following steps to upgrade OS:
1. Download the executable to a location that you will remember or insert the CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
2. If you are upgrading via the web, double-click the executable.
3. Files extract to your server, and the process guides you through the upgrade.
4. Log in to the server by using your Administrator account and password.
5. Click Yes to acknowledge that you disabled antivirus and intrusion detection services.
6. Click OK.
7. Click OK.
8. Phase 1 runs, and the server automatically reboots. Log in to the server by using the Administrator account and password.
9. Phase 2 runs, and the server automatically reboots. After the system reboots, log in to the server using the administrator account and password.
10. Phase 3 runs, and the server automatically reboots. On the next log in, a DOS dialog box displays briefly as the working directory of the OS Upgrade is deleted.
11. The first time that you log in after the upgrade is complete, you may see a message that new hardware was detected and a reboot is needed. Firmware upgrades to the RAID controller can cause problem. If you see such a message, click No to reboot the server.
12. Customers who are using Cisco CallManager can install the Cisco CallManager OS Optional Security settings. Find installation instructions in the C:\Utils\SecurityTemplates\CCM-OS-OptionalSecurity-Readme.htm document.
13. An optional IP Security filter can be installed to block fixed Windows 2000 and SQL ports. Find installation instructions in the C:\Utils\IPSec-W2KSQL-Readme.htm document.
If you see any New Hardware found messages, click Finish.
If you see any messages to restart the server, click No.
Some IBM servers will have an extra reboot into DOS to upgrade the BIOS, ASM firmware, Diagnostic firmware, and/or ServeRAID firmware. After these updates are finished, the server will boot back into Windows 2000.
If you see either of the following messages near the start of the OS Upgrade, click OK to terminate the program. A couple of services have a known problem when stopping.
1. The Instruction at "0X0cda00dd8" referenced memory at "0X0cda00dd8". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program (CSCeb31088)
2. The Instruction at "0X000000000" referenced memory at "0X000000000". The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program (CSCed45218)
Operating System Upgrade Service Release 2000.4.2sr14 (win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-4-2sr14.exe)
Caution: Do not apply this service release with OS version 2000.2.7, 2000.4.1 or previous OS release trains. This service release is only compatible with the OS 2000.4.2 release train. You should apply this service release to all servers in your cluster. This installation causes call-processing interruptions and requires a reboot. Close all programs before proceeding including Internet Explorer to avoid conflicts with the software being installed and/or upgraded.
If you'd like to continue updating you could install CER 1.3.1a then CER 1.3.2. After going to CER 1.3.2 then you can continue to upgrade the latest OS to 4.4a then 4.4a SR4. Then you'll on the most current CER version and OS.
I just did this a few weeks ago and it was painless.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...