cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Email Alerts - Extra info

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

The standard email alerts from CER are lacking in the information they provide you. Is there anyway to customize what information they include?

I would like to have at least the MAC of the phone that made the emergency call. It would be nice if the CERUser page could show this also..

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

If you are running CER Version below 7.x, customizing email alert notification is not possible.

You can only alter the fields or contents of the fields or messages by changing them in [C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoER\etc\E911Mail.properties] but cannot remove the fields [eg: Location]. The URL comes within the code and not from a property file and hence you cannot modify this either.

Since you are referencing c:\program files\etc... I'm assuming you are talking about previous versions which ran on windows, and not the appliance model.(Version 7.x).

How would you customize it in 7.x? Or is it a typo, and you meant you can not customize it on 7.x and higher because it is not linux based.

Any solution for this yet? I would be interested as well.

I also have a customer reqesting changes to the Email Alert format.

Is this something that is support or will be on the roadamp for 7.11 or higher?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: