Views
Helpful
Replies

CER_TELEPHONY | Cannot register media terminal for port : 7000000

Vinny Carrion
Level 1
Level 1

CER_TELEPHONY | Cannot register media terminal for port : 7000000

This error is coming up over and over again in my Cisco Emergency Responder logs. The media port correlates back to CTI ports on call manager with the same identifier. So I went to CUCM and issued a reset on the CTI port that matches but I am still getting the same error. My 911 calls are working just fine btw.  Any ideas on how to clear this up or if it could potentially cause issues?

RESOLVED:

I hit the correct button by accident. The fix to this was to restart CTI Manager on CUCM that was connecting to CER.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CTI ports are only used for phone alerts to onsite alerts, is that working, i.e. when you dial 911 do you have onsite alert setup and does it ring the defined extension? Make sure the CTI ports are defined in G711 only region/device pool and that they are associated with the cer application user in CUCM.

View solution in original post

What partition are they in and what CSS are they referencing?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CTI ports are only used for phone alerts to onsite alerts, is that working, i.e. when you dial 911 do you have onsite alert setup and does it ring the defined extension? Make sure the CTI ports are defined in G711 only region/device pool and that they are associated with the cer application user in CUCM.

Chris, 

Thanks for the input!! Onsite Alerting is not working as you pointed out. The CTI ports are using only G.711 and they are associated to my CER Application User as well. They all show registered in CUCM but after placing the 911 test call, at the point where the onsite alert should commence, I see the error described and it rolls through all of the available CTI ports unsuccessfully.   

What partition are they in and what CSS are they referencing?

Did not mean to hit that correct answer button.. 

The CSS includes the partition of the destination number so all is good there. It would seem to me that at the point that CER tries to make the Onsite Alert call the CTI ports that are available and that show registered just fine in CUCM are not allowing the communication. I see that a lot of the ports are registered to the secondary CER server at this time.. I am wondering if that has something to do with it.

How about the partition? 

You may need to pull CUCM traces to see why the call is being rejected.

The partition they have on the CTI port wouldn't matter would it? CER would communicate to the Application user account which would then register up one of those ports to initiate the call to the destination number. 

Since nothing is calling the CTI port it really wouldn't matter what partition they are in as long as their CSS contained the partition of the destination number right? 

About the RTMT trace.. how would I know what the calling number is? I had the thought that the calling number would be the CTI ports DN. Is my train of thought correct? I can try a trace on the called number and see if I can track it that way though. Thanks for the suggestions!

I don't think CER can generate the call, so my understanding is that it's triggered by CUCM, so ensure the PT on the CTI port is listed in the CSS of the CTI ports and CTI RPs.

Have you reviewed this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/9_0/english/administration/guide/CER0_BK_CBC9B8B3_00_cisco-emergency-responder-admin-guide/CER0_BK_CBC9B8B3_00_cisco-emergency-responder-admin-guide_chapter_01011.html#CER0_TP_OB5D9613_00

In CUCM trace I would start looking for the DN the alert points to as that is what the call is suppose to be delivered to.