CFA External to External

jmhunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Folks.

What would seem to be a simple setup, I am having no luck

CUBE 5000 w/8.6 code

SIP trunk for phone services.

I have an external number (example number of 222-111-3333) ported so that it comes down my SIP trunk. 

I have a translation pattern for that number translating it to an internal only extension (Calling party transform mask 6900), which works successfully.  Also, if there is no answer and it goes to Voicemail.

When I go to that particular extension under Directory Number Configuration, and do a "Forward All (checkmark) and enter the number, it does not route, but drops immediately to voicemail.

CSS is set to Long Distance on every place I can find.  I've checked Service parameters, Offnet to Offnet, and it is allowed.

I also tested internal to that extension (6900), and I get the same results.

Please advise?

Thanks,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

Two things quick:

First, CUBE = Cisco Unified Border Element.  Did you mean to say CUCMBE5K = Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 5000?

Second, if you check the VM check box it will override the phone number you typed into the destination field.  So, you can only use one or the other, not both.  Just uncheck the VM checkbox to get past this first hurdle.  If it's still failing, then yo ucan troubleshooting the next hop by grabbing log files via Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).

Hope that helps.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi James,

Two things quick:

First, CUBE = Cisco Unified Border Element.  Did you mean to say CUCMBE5K = Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 5000?

Second, if you check the VM check box it will override the phone number you typed into the destination field.  So, you can only use one or the other, not both.  Just uncheck the VM checkbox to get past this first hurdle.  If it's still failing, then yo ucan troubleshooting the next hop by grabbing log files via Real Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT).

Hope that helps.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Sorry, yes, correct. It's a CUCM BE 5000.

And you are correct, I had checkd-marked the VM checkbox, when I needed to leave it UN-checked.  Thanks for pointing that out...

Forward All

The settings in this row of fields specify the forwarding treatment for  calls to this directory number if the directory number is set to forward  all calls. The Calling Search Space field gets used to validate the  Forward All destination that is entered when the user activates Call  Forward All from the phone. This field also gets used to redirect the  call to the Call Forward All destination.

Specify the following values:

Voice Mail—Check this check box to use settings in the Voice Mail Profile Configuration window.

Note: When  this check box is checked, Cisco Unified Communications Manager ignores  the settings in the Destination box and Calling Search Space.

Destination—This  setting indicates the directory number to which all calls are  forwarded. Use any dialable phone number, including an outside  destination.

Calling Search Space—This setting applies to all devices that are using this directory number.

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.