Views
Helpful
Replies

CFB Clean Up

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello NetPros,

We have about 300 sites, 40000+ users, 700+ GWs and 7 clusters. We believe our CFB resources are not adequately distributed. I need to audit all GWs, find available CFB resources, find the number of heads and configure the correct number for Maximum session under dspfarm profile. The assumption is only 5% of the users at a given site will need CFB.

I guess the manual approach would be to go to:

-     Pub of each cluster

-     Open each and every configured Device Pool (1000+)

-     Select the Dependency Record on the right corner of the page

-     Take on note the number of the phones registered to each DP

-     Click on the Conference Bridge on the same Dependency Record page

-     Take the IP address of the GW

-     Log in to the GW, go to dspfarm profile and take on note the maximum session configured

-     Do the calculation for 5% of the users in each site that will need conference

-     Assign the right number to the Maximum sessions under dspfarm profile

Is there any easier way of accopmlishing this task?

Your help would be much appreciated,

MK          

20 Replies 20

What do you think he's doing every time he makes you one of those queries?  No one has these tables memorized.  You just do a search for the type of information you're looking for and build a query from that.

Let's see if Tony or anybody else can help me with that. I have a very limited time to accomplish the above task.

MK

Perhaps you should look into hiring a consultant?

Thank you for the offer, I will let you know if we need one. For now let me see if I can get the SQL command.

MK

Tony,

Would that be possible for you to share with me the last SQL command I asked. I tried to go through the document Brian sent but no luck.  The problem is I don't have much time left.

Thanks,

MK

Can anybody please help to put together a SQL query which displays the following in the same output.

-     Name of Divice Pool (DP)

-     MRGL within the DP

-     MRG within MRGL

-     Confenrence Bridge name within MRG

Thanks,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: