cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CFwdAll CSS on CUCM 6.1

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please help me understand the 'Call Forward All' Calling Search Space settings on CUCM 6.1.

Under CM Service Parameters I have set 'With Activating Device/Line CSS' and under the line configuration left it as 'Use System Default'

Can anyone confirm that this option means that the CSS on the Line or Device will be used for the CSS for CFwdAll.

Secondly does this only apply to Line 1 as when I configure CFwdAll under line 2, it will not work unless I specify a CSS to use.

Below is the description of the Service Parameter, taken from CM

With Activating Device/Line CSS - the primary and secondary CFA Calling Search Space will be updated with primary line Calling Search Space and activating Device Calling Search Space. Note that the primary CSS and secondary CSS on line page will be updated when activating CFA on a phone, where primaryCSS = lineCSS, and secondaryCSS=device CSS. Special cases include the following:

1. if lineCSS=null, then primaryCSS=null, and secondaryCSS=device CSS

2. if deviceCSS=null, then secondaryCSS=null, and primaryCSS = lineCSS

3. if lineCSS=deviceCSS, then primaryCSS=lineCSS, secondaryCSS=null. This is a required field. Default: With Configured CSS

Any comments will be appreciated.

DH

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With the parameter set to true CM will auto populate the primary and secondary FwdAll CSS based on whats configured on the device and line. This is applicable to deployments that use Line/Device CSS approach and set open CSS on device and blocking CSS on the line. By setting the parameter to true you will not have to configure these settings and as soon the user presses CallFwdAll on the phone these to CSSes will be automatically configured. If you set the paramter to False, and you use Line/Device approach you will have to manually configure primary and secondary CSSes, otherwise ForwardALL will not work correctly.

Also, CSS applied to the Line will be set as the primary call forward CSS, and CSS applied to the device will be set as secondary.

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this only applies to line 1, as it seems to be working fine for line 1 but not for line two. On line 2 I have to specify a CSS before Call Forward All will work.

DH

It should work on all lines the same way.

Chris

That's what i would have thought, but Line 2 would just not work until CSS was set.

Hi Danny,

Just thought that I would add this clip to the great info from Chris. I am curious about one thing, from an IP Phone, you can only (by default) set Call Forward All on Line 1 (via the phone itself). I can't see where this could come into play for the other Lines on the Phone :)

Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings

Calling Search Space Activation Policy

Three possible values exist for this option:

•Use System Default

•With Configured CSS

•With Activating Device/Line CSS

If you select the With Configured CSS option, the Forward All Calling Search Space that is explicitly configured in the Directory Number Configuration window controls the forward all activation and call forwarding. If the Forward All Calling Search Space is set to None, no CSS gets configured for Forward All. A forward all activation attempt to any directory number with a partition will fail. No change in the Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All occurs during the forward all activation.

If you prefer to utilize the combination of the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space without explicitly configuring a Forward All Calling Search Space, select With Activating Device/Line CSS for the Calling Search Space Activation Policy. With this option, when Forward All is activated from the phone, the Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All automatically gets populated with the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space for the activating device.

With this configuration (Calling Search Space Activation Policy set to With Activating Device/Line), if the Forward All Calling Search Space is set to None, when forward all is activated through the phone, the combination of Directory Number Calling Search Space and activating Device Calling Search Space gets used to verify the forward all attempt.

If you configure the Calling Search Space Activation Policy to Use System Default, then the CFA CSS Activation Policy cluster-wide service parameter determines which Forward All Calling Search space will be used. If the CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter gets set to With Configured CSS, then Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All will be used for Call Forwarding. If CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter gets set to With Activating Device/Line CSS, then Forward All Calling Search Space and Secondary Calling Search Space for Forward All will be automatically populated with the Directory Number Calling Search Space and Device Calling Search Space for the activating device.

CFA CSS Activation Policy Service Parameter

Ensure the CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter that displays in the Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Forward) section of the Service Parameter Configuration window is set correctly for call forward all to work as intended. The parameter includes two possible values:

•With Configured CSS (default)

•With Activating Device/Line CSS

When the Calling Search Space Activation Policy is set to Use System Default, the value of the CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter gets used to determine the Call Forward All CSS.

When the option With Configured CSS is selected, the primary and secondary CFA Calling Search Space get used. When the option With Activating Device/Line CSS is selected, the primary and secondary CFA Calling Search Space get updated with primary line Calling Search Space and activating Device Calling Search Space.

By default, the value of the CFA CSS Activation Policy service parameter is set to With Configured CSS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03dn.html#wpxref31174

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for your detailed explaination and also to Chris.

Your explainations, have confirmed how I thought it worked. It has also confirmed that I did come across a problem regards this at a customers I visited.

The reason the second line is relevant is that I am looking at this from an Administrators point of view not a users.

The way I came across this problem was after an upgrade from vers 4.1(3) to 6.1(2), I was aware of the change in the CSS for CFA on vers 5.X & 6.X but forgot to bulk reconfigure the CSS's for CFA. After the go live I realised that I had missed this so decided it would be easier to change the default behaviour (in Service Parameters) as an immediate fix, rather than Bulk change 1500 lines using BAT in the middle of the day. I changed the Service Parameter to 'With Activating Device/Line CSS' and this did resolve the problem, or so I thought.

I later found out that at one remote site all users had 2 DID's one to line 1 and the other to line 2. Line 2 had CFA set, to forward to their line 1 (don't ask, because I did and I still don't get it).

DID calls to any line 2 failed until I configure an actual CSS. I configured the same CSS that was configured on the line, and both line 1 & 2 had the same CSS's.

So hence my question does this 'Service Parameter' only apply to Line 1.

I think I will test this further in my lab.

I will let you know the results.

Danny

ps: Any further comments on this will be greatly appreciated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: